Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Do you guys have any tips for finding stuff to do in 2014 Adventure Mode? Maybe there are some worldgen settings that would make it easier to find viable quests from peasants?

Because since v2014 released most my conversations go:
"Do you have any problems?"
"Thing X is pestering our village!"
"Where can I find Thing X?"
"Oh, it died 5 years ago. :downs:"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I felt like playing some DF again.
There's a mod that I always used to play with but I cannot for the life of me remember it's name.

It's best feature was simplifying a lot of resources, so that instead of a million different types of wood there was just 'wood' for example, and also streamlining a bunch of other stuff.
Does someone know the mod that I'm looking for?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I haven't touched the game since necromancers were added, has there been any interesting developments for Adventure Mode since then? It was my favorite.

I heard something about being able to have a party now?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Siljmonster posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFn0KbAHAnk

Kruggsmash explored the adventure mode dice rolls.

Oh, I should check that out, I really like Adventure Mode.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

The "Identify Yourself!" loop in adventure mode is a bug right? Not just me loving something up?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

What are the rules for divinations? One per God per person?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

To my delight I discovered that in adventure mode you can have two pet rats sit on your shoulders and then another one on your head.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

pesty13480 posted:

As the owner of a mischief, the rat news pleases me.

You can also pet and ride tame giant rats into battle.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

So Math posted:

A new favorite bug of mine is "jailed visitors who finish their time in chains are released, then put into cages like animals."

Bug or realism? Makes you think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

A decade a so ago, when I played Adventure Mode last, IIRC you butchered from the abilities menu, which was the x button.