Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011
Magma-Cannon land mines? Pfff! Trapdoors and a malevolent murder maze is more my style. Every raider that escapes wins a free party with the militia! :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011
In the last 10 pages or so I can't believe that I saw like half a dozen complaints about Dwarf Therapist and how it is difficult to understand what the skill levels are because they are 'meaningless squares'.

Did none of you ever check the Options menu? You can change the skill-indicator from squares to symbols to numbers. Yes, you can set it so that a Dwarf's skill is shown as an easy to read number.

You can even click on a Skill column and the dwarf list will sort itself to list them in ascending or descending order of their mastery of that skill!

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011
I bit the bullet and decided to give Adventurer Mode a go. So far I managed to equip my human with some iron boots, gauntlets, helm and breastplate. I feel accomplished! The equipment system is....laboriously painful.

Then I went to the nearest thing on the map. I think it is a friendly goblin hamlet. I'm killing everything and I'm sorry I was just so confused! I just wish there was an easier way to attack - if I don't go into 6 menus I just punch a dude.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Homosexual dwarves are nice, though, they make it feel like the bootheel of oppressive heteronormative values has lightened a fraction of a gram.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011
I though DFHACK wasn't working with the latest version?

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Subjunctive posted:

It's up on Windows, others coming soon.

Could you:

A) Provide a link to it for me?

and

B) Tell me if it has some way to heal a dwarf? My expedition leader got punched by a tantruming peasant and now he just lays around being unconscious. :ohdear:

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011
I forgot that jumping and climbing were both implemented in this latest release. That is how my fortress died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

TildeATH posted:

You were lucky. *Walled into a tomb as a child by a jealous overseer*

You were placed in protective custody for the good of the fortress. You also died from your own laziness - there was a fully equipped farm plot and plenty of seeds and food in that miniature palace! Which was, to be honest, sealed in by free-flowing magma and lots of death-traps, but still.