Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
hello dwarf fortress, i haven't played you in years, but tommorow... im coming home salutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

i forgot how much i love this game

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
except, it is

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
how long have you been able to specify what type of engraving to put on a wall? i can't remember if this is a thing that was in back when i played or not.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
why the heck do i have so many monster slayers asking to join, just a constant stream of them...

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i really like that one track that has the old toady guitar stuff but goes into a piano...

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
is this fort in some sort of monster hunter tourist destination? i gotten like 8 and its only summer of the second year.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i did a whoops~

pretty manageable though, just sending it down into the cave below

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i played 10 hours of this today and god help me i feel the itch to play more

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

god bless you

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i been wanting a gang tag as soon as they were started getting handed out... but i been waiting for the perfect story like the sweet lil angel i am

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
hm... i wonder if i can get this magma up top before my first siege

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Anyway to see how much wind your location has? Wiki says world map when you embark, but well too late for that.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
if i start assigning people to burrows will they auto leave their old rooms and figure out new ones?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
good news everyone, the hella yuri curator has added DF to their list

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

quote:

Firstly, Putnam is a very prominent, long-time member of the Dwarf Fortress community and will be helping Toady with programming. This is a historic moment, as never before have non-Adams eyes seen the Dwarf Fortress code. Welcome, Putnam! We wish you luck and courage.

end of an era

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Glimpse posted:

The main thing I know about Rimworld is that a few years back all female characters and no male characters were bisexual and the creator swore this was an accurate depiction of reality.

This is the bit that people always bring up but the stuff with the ages was just as weird to me imo.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Dwarf Fortress is art, Rimworld is Pepsi

Nods sagely. This is a smart post I wrote.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Wafflecopper posted:

dwarf FARTress lol, lmao

grr... im so mad... i am going to beat you up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Zereth posted:

Stuff with the ages?

Women prefered older partners and guys prefered younger. Also het women rarely instigated romances compared to like everyone else.