Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'
I love this game but I am so bad at it. So I usually just play Adventurer mode and have fun killing stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

subhelios
May 26, 2013

I don't actually know how to play Fortress mode, but I can rock the poo poo out of Adventurer mode. I am the reverse of almost everyone who plays this gamedwarf simulator.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

So apparently bogeymen can climb trees. I did not know this when I put my adventurer up in a tree for a little nap
:iit:

subhelios
May 26, 2013

:iit:

I claimed the fortress he was in in the name of Ancientbattle the Artificial Square of Cancer and started murdering everyone who wouldn't accept my invite to be a hearthperson. So far I've killed everyone in the fortress and everyone I've talked to on the street. Adventurer mode was always fun, but now it is even more so now that I can butcher sentient corpses and subsist solely on the hearts of my enemies.

Yes my adventurer is crying, why do you ask?

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Does anyone know why I'd be finding babies in lairs in adventure mode? Hostile, named babies. That are about 70 years old.

Currently using the starter pack and Fear The Night for 0.34.11.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

GenericOverusedName posted:

What kind of babies are they? Night creature, werebabies, vampire babies or something?

Listed as human babies.

Edit: just found another one:

I hope this is a bug. They're too easy to kill and don't/can't really fight back.

subhelios fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jul 20, 2014

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Zomborgon posted:

I feel like being a coder and seeing the DF source would result in effects similar to that of an Elder Scroll.

You'd be afflicted with blindness?

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Swan Curry posted:

Having finally decapitated a night creature that had taken most of the day to defeat,my adventurer decided to get some sleep.I thought if you were up a tree you were safe from bogeymen.I was wrong.

The next 1200 announcements were "The Bogeyman kicks/punches/bites you",with an occassional "You are having more trouble breathing!".I was pressing enter over and over and the red text just kept going.The sweet release of death finally came from a punch that made his upper body explode into gore.Have bogeymen been weakened?I've never seen them take this long to kill someone before.

Did you not see my post a few pages ago detailing this very issue?

:colbert:

You should have, maybe your adventurer wouldn't be dead then.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

:stare: That is the LAST loving thing we need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

subhelios
May 26, 2013

GorfZaplen posted:

Adventure mode is at its best when you play as a heroic tier character and just go out into the world, you can honestly take most semimegabeasts and some forgotten beasts if you're smart about it and with a little luck.

I've always preferred to go as a Demigod and go after the really nasty poo poo, but that doesn't always work out well. :v:

My latest one I had a rather promising lady get instantly pulped by the dude at the top of a dark fortress. I stabbed him in the back, he instantly spun around and pulped my foot with a kick. I fell down and died in the next two turns, and this was after getting up to legendary ambusher/tracker and pretty high swordsman too, and getting through that entire fortress with only a bruised arm to show for it.

Yet I can't comprehend Fortress mode whatsoever.