Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm still kinda new to DF, I just had a few necromancers show up outside my fort, am I in for FUN?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bad Munki posted:

No, they're harmless, see if you can coax them into your refuse pit, they'll clear it out for you and be on their way. Win/win!

Welp my fortress just went from 75 dwarves to 6 dwarves. Iv sealed off the lower levels were the necromancers went to and am waiting for more migrants to start rebuilding.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

AXE COP posted:

Or just turn on fastdwarf and stop giving a poo poo! (don't do this if you have a fishery or you'll rapidly accumulate 1000+ raw fish)

Unless the fish are turtles so you can make lots of crafts.

Although trading does become dangerous after a while, with out thinking about it I offered a bunch of turtle crafts to a elven caravan in a wooden bin :cripes:

Barely survived the elven siege the following year.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
It depends on how angry/reactive your local elven population is. So it's a hit or miss if you get a siege. I just have really lovely luck when it comes to not pissing off elves.

I accidentally offended a elven trader and found myself under siege year round because there was a TON of elves on the world I made my fort on, so much like anything in Dorf Fort it's just a crap shoot.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Grey Hunter posted:

You see, for me, DF being nice to me is the Crossbow dwarves actually have ammo.

Crossbows works like machine guns you know, the more ammo your dwarf has the faster they will kill things.

There is a bug were you can give your crossbow dwarfs thousands of bolts and they can take down pretty much anything in a couple of seconds.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
So I just started playing after a few years of not doing so, and on my first embark on the most happy peaceful world I could make a giant roc came down and ate all my dwarves. Is there a way I can avoid this happening?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I wish I could get to the point were I need a military but I always end up with my fort falling apart shortly before it becomes necessary due to lack of clothes, beers, ect. Or in one case my dwarves just going insane because one guy couldn't get his materials so he decided to break down and start screaming at everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
ARISE MY MASTERS

Why has it been 3 years in game and STILL NO SIEGE