Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JonBolds
Feb 6, 2015

So I've come back to the game after a few years off (everyting is different etc.). I've started using Dwarf Therapist to assign jobs more better, and I have two questions!

1) Some dwarves have a bigender (male + female combo) symbol beside their name. What's up with this? Are these bigender dwarves? Is this a thing or are they actually just :females:. If this is a thing it is extremely cool.

2) What is autolabor? I see lots of people talking about it in here and I do not know what it is. I manually assign labors constantly and pause for 30+ minutes at a time while I fine tune labors, and if there is a reliable tool for doing this automatically I think I would like to use it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JonBolds
Feb 6, 2015

I will continue to not use autolabor because I enjoy setting labors too much.

Tars Tarkas posted:

That should be their sexuality, dwarfs can be straight, gay, bisexual, and even asexual versions of all of those. Same with your animals, which is why breeding pairs sometimes don't breed. I've had married gay couples immigrate (I've never had a wedding in one of my forts, maybe I should try out the honeymoon suites room designs I see on the wikis

This is not something I have ever known! Thanks for the explain.

JonBolds
Feb 6, 2015

Is there a function or use for Forgotten Beast corpses, or am I just stuck with "Ngogngo's mangled star ruby" forever?

JonBolds
Feb 6, 2015

Latest fortress has a huge problem: The local necromancers are bird people. A crow-man and a raven-woman. (How delightfully apropos.)

They show up with huge swarms of human and elf zombies, which promptly attack the fortress, but the necromancers themselves just fly a lap or two around the map before departing once their chaff is dead.

How do I actually kill these assholes? They're like 15-20 z-levels above the ground at all times. Do I train up a squad of marksdwarves and just pray they come within range one day?

Can I learn to send raids and find their tower and maybe kill them there?

JonBolds
Feb 6, 2015

I'm going to recreated the sacred band of thebes using a gays-only dwarf military squad.

Thematic, yes, but it also avoids the problem of dwarves carrying babies into combat.

JonBolds
Feb 6, 2015

Pharnakes posted:

You might want to bump up the gay occurrence rate a bit then, I hardly ever get gay dwarves.

I've got fifteen!

JonBolds
Feb 6, 2015

Pharnakes posted:

You might not like it, but it turns out peak dwarf performance actually looks like elf.

:mods:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JonBolds
Feb 6, 2015

that’s not true at all

there’s also fortress