Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it.

Doctor Rope
Is there any way I can change out an anvil at a Metalsmiths Forge that is already in place? I have a steel anvil and artifact lead anvil that I'd love to swap in if it is possible. (Or would it be smarter to create a second Metalsmiths Forge?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it.

Doctor Rope
Thank you both, that's what I figured. I think I'll just build another but is there any way to designate which anvil would be 'picked' for the new Forge? Would a steel or artifact lead be 'better'?

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Doctor Rope
Saw something in March that said a beta of Adventure Mode was releasing tomorrow...anyone know if that's still accurate?

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Doctor Rope

ChickenWing posted:

Yep it is, the kitfox twitter has been pushing it. It won't be a beta in the sense that it's feature complete and just buggy, it's still missing big chunks that they're looking to deliver with "release" that'll be in about a month iirc. And buggy.

Do you happen to know if there will be a special test server/realm that you need to download outside of a standard Steam 'update'?

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Doctor Rope

Slashrat posted:

Maybe I'm missing something, but how do you enable the adventure mode beta in steam. Is it just the "beta - Public beta branch"?

Yep! As soon as you flip it to that, it should start to download automatically.

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Doctor Rope
So, uh...dumb question - what am I supposed to do in Adventure Mode? I talk to people where I started who tell me about a missing treasure but when I look around on the map...even if they say it's 'close by' I still can't find it.

Been watching some Blind streams to try and figure this out...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Doctor Rope

Mister Bates posted:

At the moment the most critical absence is the lack of trade, particularly because there's still shops generated in the world full of items for sale that you can't buy, and you can find piles of coins in bandit camps to steal which currently can't be used for anything except as weapons.

I suppose you could retire a fort, loot a bunch of coins from goblin camps with an adventurer, retire the adventurer in the fort, and then unretire the fort to build up a big stockpile of looted coins.

e: on the other hand,

So at this point, if I wanted to adventure mode wander around one of my forts, I have to retire the fort first? I've never done that before...but it is also possible to unretire a fort if I want to continue building it in fortress mode after the adventure mode exploring?