Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Tried DF again:

Controls still lovely, Adventure mode still the best:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Baloogan posted:

I can't believe how excited I am even though I know the confirmed new feature list is sparse. 2 years of dev should be very noticeable!

Maybe there will be a functional and logical UI!

:smith:

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
So I died in adventure mode after walking into a fortress, hacking a crossbowman's arm off in one blow as soon as I walked in, then he managed to fire a bold directly into my brain with his other arm, killing me instantly.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Gus Hobbleton posted:

I need to try adventurer mode with a real character instead of a slade colossus just to see what it's really like.

I made a human Swordsmaster, found out this world was still in the Age of the Brush-Titan, found the titan within like 2 mins, and it was asleep.

I hacked it's wings off than shattered it's spine.

None of the townspeople even give a gently caress, even though it had killed 500 of them.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Last time I played this the lazy newb pack was a thing, is it still an up to date thing?

I can't deal without my tiles.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

neogeo0823 posted:

3 hours, no save

Hmm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Griddle of Love posted:

I honestly think you should just go for default settings, see what you get as a baseline. Make the world just a bit smaller, and you should blaze through the centuries.

===

Meanwhile, I'm glad my dwarves are not xenophobes and that my minster for monoculture legendary engraver is welcoming of all heritages:

Though I do wonder why all the engravings under the tables in my hospital are of elves... Every single one!