Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ContraBoss
Dec 6, 2005

Well *I* only read the New Yorker and eat Fancy Feast.
I've been following Toady's devlog roughly since last fall and it seems like he's been focused on Adventurer development the vast majority of this time. I'm sure this can't be the case, but I'm having a hard time finding the new Dwarf Mode features he has in store, not including the BIG trees and climbing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ContraBoss
Dec 6, 2005

I knew there was a reason to still be chomping at the bit :allears:

ContraBoss
Dec 6, 2005

Bad Munki posted:

How about dwarven varnish?

Fixed

ContraBoss
Dec 6, 2005

Vander posted:

I'm getting married 3 weeks into July, coincidentally about the time I expect the major bugs to be hammered out.

I'm sure I can bring my PC tower with us on the honeymoon...

Tying the knot July 23rd here. I'm thinking my bachelor party will involve the buggy dorfs of newly released .38 and hours of furrowing my brow as I try and prevent them from drowning in thin air or periodically electing a merchant's yak as the mayor.

ContraBoss
Dec 6, 2005

Dear lord, I've never wanted to NOT be at work so bad! There's Dorfs to explode and It's only noon!

ContraBoss
Dec 6, 2005

I CANNOT for the life of me get the elves pissed off enough to retaliate. Here's what I've gone out of my way to do in order to incite a large scale hissy-fit from them:

-Cut down as many trees as possible; designating the entire outdoor area for woodcutting every month or so. Do the same with several accessible layers in the caverns.

-Seizure of goods from their caravans, which is always concluded with an elven massacre for several years in a row.

-Immediately offend them by offering wooden goods for another several years and allowing them to leave in a huff.

I've never come across an elven diplomat either, so there's never been an opportunity to flay him/ignore the tree quota.
Any thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ContraBoss
Dec 6, 2005

dakuroot posted:

I thought they had to make it back home alive so they can tell everyone else about how horrible and mean you were to the trees or something like that. I could be completely wrong though! :shrug:

I wanna say that I tried this a few times too, but I can't rely on my memory. I guess I can either mod or just continue to make elves cry until something gives.

If only they were as touchy as the Humans. :psydwarf: