Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

As far as I know hits to the skull are instant kills in the current build.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

So if I start a new game and my liaison outpost immediately doesn't show up, it's probably because I managed to start on a piece of land that isn't connected to the mountainhome's home continent, right? I find it difficult to believe that I'm so unlucky that they're all dead already.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Ghostwoods posted:

It's something like six months before they appear, isn't it?

The caravan showed up with the message "No outpost liaison? How curious..." and migrants stopped coming after wave 2.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

There are a billion dudes in the civ tab, and apparently civs cannot cross bodies of water yet. so I'm leaning towards being impossibly isolated due to not checking my map properly before embarking.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Mystery solved: a liaison finally showed up and informed me that just about everything on the trade route has been conquered by something called the Horror of Haunting. Fun is clearly incoming.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

My soldiers keep getting HORRIFIED at the death of the monsters they kill. I thought I was playing Dwarf Fortress, not Elf Palace. :mad:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Ai-yay-yai. Things were going ok, but I accidentally dropped a human caravan into a spike trap while trying to keep a werebeast out. The human diplomat interrupted the meeting and hosed off, possibly because my dwarves started looting the corpses. How hosed am I?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

My gem cutter keeps flashing a teal X but I can't see anything in his health tab. What does it mean?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I figured it out, he keeps going outside and getting nauseous.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I think it's because I have no indoor wells and keep running out of booze. Well, that and all the crap laying around outside from the dead goblins. My entrance hall is covered in vomit.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

All my dwarves just decided they're sick of hauling stone and now I constantly have around 20 idlers. This truly is hell!

E: For some reason my stockpile had just stopped working. Making a new one solved it.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jan 19, 2015

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Flesh Forge posted:

You make it sound like that's a problem.

Combined with the weird glitch that makes my dwarves take the deaths of goblins as harshly as the death of fellow dwarves, it's making them awful grumpy.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Do y'all think DFHack would let me fix the horrified at goblin corpses bug?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

So I'm probably being really stupid, but is there a way to get underground wells that doesn't involve digging a million miles down? I really don't want my dwarves to go outside at all if I can help it, they keep getting nauseous and then grumpy.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

You better get that taken care of. A ghost spiral is a nasty way for a fort to go.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

That assumes that immortality somehow makes you immune to forgetting everything you learned in lit class like 5 years out of college like everyone else.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I dug a big pit in front of the only entrance to my fort, built a bridge over it, placed some wooden spike traps at the bottom of the pit, and built a wall around the spikes. Then I built spike traps all the way down the hall leading from the bridge and all around the entrance to the bridge. I just wait til sieges get close and start throwing switches until they all die or run away.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Did you make sure you have farming enabled as a labor?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Man there's been a forgotten beast wandering around my cavern layer for over a year now, he comes in and out of the map and has yet to try going up. I've got like 3 floors of spike traps waiting in case he does.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Angela Christine posted:

Nah, we hated them even when they used to be vegetarians back in the 2D days. You couldn't sell them anything made from trees or dead animals. :rolleyes:

Making their hangups tree-exclusive was such a weird decision.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

steinrokkan posted:

Does religion even have any effect in the game?

Gods pretty directly relate to vampires, necromancers and werebeasts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I keep getting were-weasels and stupid crap like that.