Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

I did in fact find a year on it, I think I just looked it over few times and didn't see it before I put it away. Turns out it's made in 1953, so not as old as I thought. Looking at some used bookstores online a copy from that year that's in slightly worse shape goes for about 20-30 euros.
For the other book I have that's made in 1919, someone in an online auction selling both parts 1 & 2 in what looks like a pretty good condition is asking 35 euros.
Well I got both for free so they're nice to have at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?
Hi all, I found a first edition copy of Joseph Benson’s Commentary on the Old and New Testaments, Volume I (The Holy Bible Containing the Old and New Testaments with Critical, Explanatory and Practical Notes Volume I Matthew - The Acts of the Apostles by Rev Joseph Benson Published by T Mason & G Lane NY 1839). The book is still printed to this day for bible study, yet I can't find much online about the value of a first edition print. Does anyone know anything about it or where I could find more info on books like this?

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat
The only book I have that's genuinely worth poo poo is a first edition of King's The Stand, which the Strand appraised at around $300. I'm waiting for him to die.

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

You can see where the ink from the portrait has bled onto the title page; you really need to put some acid-free paper between them.

Also, a bit of research indicates that this is not a first edition; this site indicates the books were originally published 1811 and 1818. edit: Wikipedia, at least, supports this.

• Locked thread