Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
I have a first edition copy of Dune in quite good condition. Unfortunately, it's a book club version from the same year. Not bad for a $1 purchase from a small town used book sale. I actually ended up buying the Barnes & Noble collectible edition Dune as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Ornamented Death posted:

What's up, first-book-club-edition of Dune having buddy? Unfortunately, you paid essentially what the book is worth :smith:.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Yeah, unfortunately "first book club editions" are generally worthless. They're actually kindof a fun entry-level into book collecting in that regard, if you aren't too concerned about dollar value and just want to own a neat book.

Cool, I didn't expect anyone else here to have one. :hfive: It's not a huge disappointment to me. When I bought the book I was only just starting a home library and wanted a copy of Dune that wasn't some tattered paperback. It's interesting to me to see the Cold War era dust jacket art and stuff like that.

I have a couple of books in particular that I'll take pictures of when I have the time tonight... one is a nice but not particularly valuable copy of Crime & Punishment from the 1930s. The other is a history of the First World War from about ten years before that.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

As promised, here are two older books in my library. Both are from 1928. Between the two I paid about $15 for them. They're not worth much but I like 'em. I apologize for the crappy camera phone photos.

The first is a history of the First World War, entitled History of the World War. Obviously, the second one hadn't happened yet:

:3: Thanks, Ethel and Edith.

The second is a biography of Otto von Bismarck. Entitled Bismarck. It's not in the greatest condition, but it's still very readable:

• Locked thread