Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
number one pta fan
Sep 6, 2011

my work is my play play
every day pay day
Artist's books are often good investments if you can catch them cheap. I found out something that's been hanging around my bookshelves from a local exhibition I went to when the guy was basically unheard of is now worth about £800 which is pretty sweet. My lecturer buys two of everything and he makes as much money loaning them to exhibitions as he does from selling them. It's nuts.

Other than that, I have a Shakespeare book which is an index of notable quotes from his works arranged alphabetically, then by topic, that refer you to which work they're from and where they are in the text. It's from 1890-something, and worthless. But a nice reminder of pre-search engine.

In terms of personal significance, I have a copy of my favourite play in hardback first edition which was used as a classroom text in the 80s by somebody who had the same name as me. It's written on the inside of the cover. I freaked out when I flipped it open and saw my own name staring back at me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread