Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DopeThrone
Jun 18, 2005
Modern literary fiction 1st/1st's of authors I love and/or books that made an significant impression are more my thing. They're relatively easy to be had, are typically found in fine shape, and for the most part cost less than a hard night out. Vollmann, Kis, Amis, Pamuk, DFW, Bolano, Marias, etc. I have no expectation that they'll appreciate much over time, but I like the idea of having something off the first run.

Should I happen upon some money, I'd like to move onto first editions of Thomas Mann, ETA Hoffmann, Knut Hamsun, and so on. Thing thing is, I want to inspect a book before purchase, especially if we're talking $$$. Seems the only way to do that is at an antiquarian book fair, and in my experience there's quite a mark-up at those events. I guess that's the price of a physical inspection :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread