Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Orgia Carnaval posted:

So what you're telling me is I can't even write a basic synopsis of the story?

If you have to put character synopsis behind spoilers, maybe you shouldn't have posted a synopsis at all. Plenty of threads about other shows don't have a synopsis.

Also, you're giving away the names of their powers before they have been formally introduced. It may seem like a small thing, but given the silly nomenclature, it would've been nice to have been surprised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
Who cares.

Orgia Carnaval posted:

I haven't heard any of Kanno's stuff before this, but from what I've been hearing from the PVs they've got the music for this show down.

He's got a fair bit of range. I doubt it'll be as iconic as Part 2's music was, but it should be good.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
The music in the PV:s has been excellent across the board so far and David has mostly been on the ball with the music choices during the last season, so I have faith in them making the right choices this time too.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
OPs are cool and all, but I really want to know what the ED is going to be. If it's not another prog rock tune (or something more fitting the time period), I'm going to be highly disappointed. How much money did David Production spend to get Roundabout last time, anyway?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
They might just stick with Roundabout and make it the constant theme of the series.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

HellCopter posted:

How much money did David Production spend to get Roundabout last time, anyway?

Probably zero since Yes released the song under the Atlantic Records label back in the day, which is owned by Warner Bros.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Maremidon posted:

They might just stick with Roundabout and make it the constant theme of the series.

I hope they do this, if only because the way the credits from part 1 flowed into the credits of part 2 (and continued the song) was a really cool effect.

There's juuuust enough length in roundabout to cover 6 1:20 or so segments, so they could theoretically make some elaborate Joestar family tapestry thing

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

If they did decide to use another song they could pick Owner of a Lonely heart. It continues the Yes theme but fits the 80s time period of part 3.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Holy Diver is clearly the best choice.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
One thing that surprised me with Stardust Crusaders is how the author wasn't afraid to do pretty hosed up, damaging things to the main cast. I hope the anime can be faithful to all of it. Part 1 and 2 was, right?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Will Araki's grudge against all dogs be animated? Seriously, poor dogs.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

trucutru posted:

Will Araki's grudge against all dogs be animated? Seriously, poor dogs.

Well they toned down Danny being burned alive in part one, so probably not all of it.

Oh wait, maybe they added it to the blurays? I'm not sure.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Begemot posted:

Well they toned down Danny being burned alive in part one, so probably not all of it.

Oh wait, maybe they added it to the blurays? I'm not sure.

No, the blu-rays didn't add scenes, just fixed them up and uncensored them.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Araki has much respect for dogs as world warriors

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

If they did decide to use another song they could pick Owner of a Lonely heart. It continues the Yes theme but fits the 80s time period of part 3.

They already kind of used the intro riff as Joseph's theme in part 2 though, so it would feel weird to use it in the part where Joseph isn't the main character any more.

I really hope they use another song with a long intro like Roundabout, it was such a perfect segue to the credits that made for a lot of memorable moments in the first season.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

How long did it take for the uncensored blu rays to come out after the season ended?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The blu-rays were released from January to September, so they started at the halfway point of the series.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

Araki has much respect for dogs as world warriors

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

With Space Bros ending/going on break there is going to be a shortage of ugly animated dogs so personally, I'm glad that the slack is going to be picked up.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

I will defend Arakis depiction of Iggy on the grounds that Boston terriers really do look like hideous post nuclear mutants in real life.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
Guys: this is the anime thread, gettin a bit ahead of yourselves.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
EDIT: you know what, nevermind.

Vagithug
Dec 27, 2012

by Ralp

Much like Chopper from the hit series One Piece, the dog gets cuter as the series goes on and becomes the beloved mascot of Stardust Crusaders. Araki used him to draw in the female demographic that he felt was lacking.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Vagithug posted:

Much like Chopper from the hit series One Piece, the dog gets cuter as the series goes on and becomes the beloved mascot of Stardust Crusaders. Araki used him to draw in the female demographic that he felt was lacking.

Wait, Polnareff didn't draw the female demographic? What's wrong with those people?

Cromlech
Jan 5, 2007

TOODLES
I love JoJo and waiting weekly for the Parts 1 + 2 anime to air was always a fun treat last... Fall? I felt David did the manga so much justice and I can't wait to see them flex their creativity and JoJo-ness with a higher budget what with this being, you know, Part 3 aka the JoJo that made JoJo super unique and radical. Yes, even moreso than Parts 1 + 2. I envy the people who are watching this totally unspoiled! It'll be a blast.

Whenever I show my friends how SUPERIOR GERMAN SCIENCE IS they're always extremely intrigued and give me looks wondering why I adore it so much. drat it, you just don't KNOW man.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

They just aired a new PV at Anime Japan. Hoping for an official upload to show up, if nothing does I'll throw up my bad recording in a few hours.

Spoilers: It was good.

Vagithug
Dec 27, 2012

by Ralp
Was it stated they got a bigger budget now?

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Welp I don't see an official upload so https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhRI_MEBNNU

edit:

Well ok nevermind, apparently uploading it forced their hand so here's the official one in HD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoQ8hARdG78&hd=1

Somebody fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Mar 22, 2014

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The man train at the end :allears:

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Seeing some of Abdul and a tiny bit of his Stand in that PV makes me realize that it's going to be really weird seeing Magician's Red consistently on-model.

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
LET'S GO!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Vagithug posted:

Was it stated they got a bigger budget now?

They did but not an astronomical amount. AFAIK Part Three is going to fill all 26 episodes of this season, but I'm not sure if thats 100%.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

aers posted:

Welp I don't see an official upload so https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhRI_MEBNNU

edit:

Well ok nevermind, apparently uploading it forced their hand so here's the official one in HD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoQ8hARdG78&hd=1

This guy has all the trailers translated, including the latest one.

I wasn't aware there had been more than one, and they're all character trailers. My previous complaint seems silly now.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

John Cena posted:

They did but not an astronomical amount. AFAIK Part Three is going to fill all 26 episodes of this season, but I'm not sure if thats 100%.

They would need that many episodes at the very least to be able to cover everything in part three, and that is taking very fast pacing and possible cuts into account.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
If that guy spreading rumors about changes to the plot is right, there area few fights they'd be able to cut out.

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007
I hope it's at least 39 episodes. Quit trying to steal my third OP!

Also why would they want to cut things when it's a license to print money?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I find it very hard to believe DP could not get more episodes if they wanted to, there will probably be no cuts.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Maremidon posted:

If that guy spreading rumors about changes to the plot is right, there area few fights they'd be able to cut out.

No. There isn't.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Orgia Carnaval posted:

I find it very hard to believe DP could not get more episodes if they wanted to, there will probably be no cuts.

The issue would be more that slots are bought by the cour, and if the show runs over 26 episodes but below 39-ish, they'd be stuck with extra episode slots to fill. It depends if they could fill them all or if they'd just be fine running re-runs during those extras or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Zorak posted:

The issue would be more that slots are bought by the cour, and if the show runs over 26 episodes but below 39-ish, they'd be stuck with extra episode slots to fill. It depends if they could fill them all or if they'd just be fine running re-runs during those extras or whatever.

I guess they could toss a couple of recap episodes in at the 13 and 26 mark, not that I want them to but if it's recap episodes or cuts I'll take a couple recap episodes and be happy with it.

• Locked thread