Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Vagithug posted:

Was it stated they got a bigger budget now?

They did but not an astronomical amount. AFAIK Part Three is going to fill all 26 episodes of this season, but I'm not sure if thats 100%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Where does Jotaro's hair end and hat begin?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Allarion posted:

I think the BD's themselves had their own official English subs so there's no real reason for the fansubbers to do it.

They're pretty engrishy from what I understand.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

So these things will be airing 4:30AM EST for the live simulcast? And I'm assuming said livecasts will just be strictly Japanese without subs?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Hi I am one of those losers who never read the mangas, i shall give reports on each episode as i watch them.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

HellCopter posted:

I don't understand the international date line. The show airs on Saturday, 12:30pm EST?

Tomorrow. April 4th.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Dammit, I missed it? I thought this was on at 12:30PM :smith:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i'm so hype right now.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

that was the greatest.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

This show is amazing. I almost want to read the Manga, but I don't want to spoil myself :ohdear:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Just name the stand Neil Young. Also, I thought the Dio thing was explained that there was a hidden compartment in the coffin?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Orgia Carnaval posted:

Considering Jonathan had a death grip on Dio's head and even with his tentacles Dio couldn't escape him, it's safe to say Dio did not escape for a good while. Which is part of the reason why Dio being in the underside of the coffin is stupid because he would have had no time to escape.

tentacles to lodge himself loose, tentacles to wedge himself and the body into the compartment while erina got in there, it's all gray area enough to be slightly believable. honestly if they just had erina find a lifeboat this wouldnt even really be that much of a discussion.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

RatHat posted:

Anyone know if there's a reason Crunchyroll loads extremely slowly for me? I can load 720p videos on Youtube faster than they play but even a 480p Crunchyroll video takes forever.

It's been working totally fine for me, maybe clear your cache/reset your modem or something?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

This is the weirdest crossover of fandoms and i loving love it.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

His precision is E even though he could rip the tongues from three people's mouths at once?

he got nabbed by the far slower stand of kakyoin, so his precision is suspect.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Soylentbits posted:

I assumed Kakyoin was Italian. He has fancy hair, flirts successfully with girls, and nobody else in Stardust Crusaders is Italian. Every Jojo arc has someone around who is fabulously Italian. Also he was on vacation in Egypt so he could have come from anywhere.

I mean I'm ignoring the name and clothes but it's not like those mean anything in the Jojoverse.

He's Japanese and of Japanese descent, as explained in his profile piece in the Manga.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

If we're doing two seasons, I can see India being where they cut off.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Vagithug posted:

So is DIO British, German or Italian, this matters very much to me. Thanks in advance.

british

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Nope, never had a name, at least not in the Viz release. Can't speak for the japanese original.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Another reason I'm thinking this show is being split up into two seasons, no Iggy in the Opening, aside from the one stray star at the beginning.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I'm not seeing the dub on the Crunchyroll website?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

I wonder if they're gonna censor...certain things.

yep.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Jackard posted:

Wow. Does the pace slow down after they reach Egypt? Seems like they used up most of their month just getting there.

We'll be getting some probable 2-3 parters a lot more frequently for the duration of the season I think.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

demota posted:

Watching this episode, I was a little confused about why Polnareff was getting so much attention when there wasn't a bathroom anywhere nearby.

but there was?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

At this point those silly comics are why I look forward to Fridays now.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Couldnt anyone with a humanoid stand with functional eyes (so not Polnareff) effectively see through walls, or unlock doors from the outside.
e: didnt catch the ninja edit

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

It's funny, because I felt that Avdol/Kakyoin/DIO were voice acted pretty well, but everyone else came off kinda bland. Joseph has a good voice actor to him but there's a sense of awkwardness in the way he speaks, not too different from the old OVA dub.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I thought Walk Like An Egyptian was perfect for all of SC :(

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

did anything ever come of that test dub done months back?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

SpartanIV posted:

I also wish that Joseph had fought Alessi as then we could have gotten to see younger Joseph again!

that would have been pretty cool

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

was it pulled from psn cuz i just went to buy it and i cannot find it anywhere

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

good

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

oh hey 166 new posts what happened in this weeks jojo guys anything impo-

:v:

oh. oh no.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

man this is way more intense than i remember it

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i just watched it a second time with a friend and christ that episode is so intense i can't repeat it enough. was everything i thought it'd be and more. the constant kicking to iggy made me so uncomfortable.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i thought only PB and BT were being fully dubbed at this point? Where is Stardust Crusaders getting a dub?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

part 4 is gonna be fun if it gets made

im sad that part 3 is over tomorrow even if it was like nearly 50 eps. such a fun season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Moltrey posted:

If it makes people feel any better, here's a sketch someone at DavidProduction did of a What If scenario where Alessi attacked Joseph and somehow Kakyoin.

this is amazing

• Locked thread