Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The real question involving Stand users is where the gently caress did Dio find these fuckers?!?! :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

amuayse posted:

The better question is why is there a dancefloor and stage lights in Joseph's brain?
I believe that's one of Dan's Stand abilities. His "Star Finger", if you will.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Hol Horse: Reloaded

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Now that it's no longer spoilers, here's the JJBAASB version of this episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybZ159U-MMc

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm guessing Polnareff caught him cause he had mirrors on his mind for some unfathomable reason.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Pretty sure the balls do, in fact, touch.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Housh posted:

How far does ASB go with anime spoilers? I want to know when it is safe to play that game.
It spoils the outcomes of the main conflicts and the designs and special techniques of approximately 24 as of yet unintroduced, central characters.

Just play it, it's fun. I learned about JoJo like 11 years ago and no amount of spoilers have ruined it for me.

For extra fun, after unlocking the characters (~50 battles in story mode), play it with someone who's not familiar with JoJo.

Also, the demo is still up on NA PSN, I think, so you can try that to see if you like it. (Booting it up also gives you 100,000 points to unlock gallery stuff in the full game with.)

quakster fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Aug 12, 2014

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Technically, Rogue Legacy has a JoJo spoiler.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Darko posted:

The Dreamcast game is awesome because you can pick Joseph and hear him say "Oh nooo" or do the Kakyoin tongue taunt over and over.
If there's anything the newer game succeeds at, it's taunts. I think those are the sole reason it got a perfect score from Famitsu. Young Joseph even has a separate line for predicting every opponent and I think Wham can use some enemy projectiles as props for his taunt.

Repostin': https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybZ159U-MMc

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Hmm. I'll allow it.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

LvK posted:

A striker system seems perfect for a Jojo game.

But I also just managed to barely catch myself from posting (minor) spoilers because I thought this was the other thread, d'oh.
Speedwagon's hat was made to be a striker.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Never Enough.

Bonus points to everyone who's unwilling to play the existing games because they spoil that Jotaro is gonna ORA ORA the gently caress out of DIO & his gang.

quakster fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Aug 17, 2014

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spacedad posted:

An HD update to that with the tourney-banned characters rebalanced would be nice.
What's an HD update to a game with sprites gonna do? It already got a decent re-release with online play.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Probably a license thing, a whole bunch of things would probably need a separate license for a PC release, or maybe Capcom just didn't feel like competing with :filez:. The PS3/360 release is hella good, though. The online works fine and the game is just as good (and not HD, that's just a buzzword) as it ever was.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Get Hype. Skip the intro, though. It technically has a spoiler for this two-parter.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Polnareff is the character with the arc, the Joestars are there to mop up the trash, as usual.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tobaccrow posted:

Yeah. That was a good episode. It really hit home "Man, I read this part in the manga way too fast." for me. I also have no idea what the "Skip the intro, it has spoilers!" guy was on about, even though like I said, I read the manga back in the day.
I can't specify because that would actually be spoilers. The post was a bad joke about people getting mad about spoilers, even when there's no context. (Though there actually is a spoiler in the intro, skip it for your own sake!)

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
CrunchyRoll has it digitally, AFAIK.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
How...???

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Manga has less nonsensical resurrections than superhero stuff because you don't end up in the situation where a new author wants to use someone else's expired creations.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I was actually hoping for that, but only a bit later, for best possible timing.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
A fight is an abstraction of natural selection, therefore if you read into it too much, you could say that Stands are an abstraction of one's sexual prowess. That would mean that both Strength and Wheel of Fortune belong to characters who feel the need to compensate, thus JoJo's group was indeed laughing at the guy's tiny dick.

And now you understand Charisma.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pomp posted:

Tell me more about Dio's sexual prowess
Spoilers.

amuayse posted:

You could call the series unusual.
Peculiar, even.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Bizarro and bizarre are the same word in a different context. :geno:

Stop hurting language, you bastard.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm glad I made you uncomfortable enough to quote it for a new page.

im glad

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Speculative theorizing over an adaptation of something that's been around for a while is always so weird to read, even with a just cursory idea of what's gonna come next. :butt:

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
That's a nice subversion of MotW-style story structure but it would probably take a mangaka a solid month of drawing so I'm guessing it's gonna stay a genre TV thing.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
hmm. that's ridiculous. spoiler-carers are scum

Can't be afraid of learnin' things out of order. Gon' get yerself killed.

quakster fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Sep 11, 2014

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
At least I can go to sleep early.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
They used Heritage stuff in ASB no problem, I guess Araki or David didn't give a poo poo about ticking that particular checkbox.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It's super hard to understand why they're changing all of the names for no reason at all and I can't understand what's happening in the story because learning multiple names for a character is completely impossible so I wish they hadn't bothered subbing the show at all.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Well, the word does mean "God", might be a bit hard to get a copyright for that.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
You can do anything if you practice enough, rule #1 of shonen. Thus, a burly swordsman, too, can learn to maim others using his hair.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
"I'll just watch this thing people say they liked and I'll do it by not watching it."

Take it slow, take a break if you need to. By skipping parts you'll just miss why people like/dislike a thing.

Reminds me of the weirdos in the One Piece thread that go "So I read chapter 1, I guess I'll just skip to 782 now." There's a finite amount of story so if you actually enjoy it you'll be caught up in no time.

quakster fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Sep 15, 2014

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Internalize names from original text; never get confused over odd localization again.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It's even worse than I thought.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
A) Gayness is culturally relative.
B) Six days down, over a hundred more to go.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm trying to imagine a japanese thing dubbed into english without the "flatness" and I can't. For some reason, the 7 or so american voice actors who dub anime never seem to go all the way. That poo poo's not gonna fly with JoJo.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Normally I'd scoff at the idea of learning a language just to read one thing, but JoJo... JoJo is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
You gotta lock the thread or it's gonna be three months of the same old, same old.

• Locked thread