Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Anyone know if there's a reason Crunchyroll loads extremely slowly for me? I can load 720p videos on Youtube faster than they play but even a 480p Crunchyroll video takes forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Rei_ posted:

The FOTNS dude drawing a manga about corruption in the bank industry was loving amazing. Like they really did just straight up draw EVERYONE LIKE THAT back then.

"Back then" was 1998.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

quote:

Rathat's stand is Panty Dicks, capable of becoming momentum! Rank: EX

I think Rank EX is high? Not sure what's up with that name though...

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Dunno about Part 1 and 2 but Part 3 has been pretty much identical so far, with a couple extra scenes and dialogue added.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Well there are some chapters they could fit into like 5 minutes.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Er, they are?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Ah, I forgot about Suzie. Joseph's father was American, so that makes Jotaro 50% Japanese, 25% Italian, 12.5% British and 12.5% American?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Well yes, but if we're gonna go that route then Italian and British would both fall under Caucasion.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

ViggyNash posted:

Can't Stroheim be both a Nazi and a cool dude? He is a lovely human being, but you can't help but respect how absurdly badass he is.

That's pretty much how Joseph viewed him.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Neo_Crimson posted:

I was more talking about that Fascist party officer (Tommy, I think) who got killed by Wham being played off as a totally innocent victim. Not to mention Caesar wasn't especially critical of Mussolini.

I'm not saying its apologia, but Araki definitely ignored the elephant in the room.

I'd say there's a big difference between a general/commander and a regular soldier. A lot of German soldiers in WW2 didn't exactly have a choice in the matter.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Perfect Cell would beat the poo poo out of Perfect Kars.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Bakanogami posted:

I've always loved that they establish Star Platinum as being super strong, fast, accurate, and then also its fingers stretch! all of a sudden for no real reason.

Censorship was both pointless, stupid, and hilarious.

"All of a sudden, for no reason" should be the show's tagline.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Man Dark Blue Moon is kind of overpowered, especially given the arena they fought it in.

That's the point of a lot of stands, they're super strong under certain conditions but weak otherwise. Most of the main cast have well-rounded stands so they can fight in most situations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Shugojin posted:

Ahahaha they censored JoJo lighting a cigarette :allears:

e: I guess we're spoiling this

e2: Oh boy we're onto the weirdest drat stand in Part 3 next week. I hope that's not too big a spoiler :ohdear:

Not even close to the weirdest. One of the weirdest stand users maybe.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Or it could just be a metaphor that his heart is broken because of his sister's death.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

darealkooky posted:

Was that bit between Enya and Dio expanded from the manga? I remember his little speech on fear and desire or whatever, but I coulda sworn that instead of Enya just going HEY I SENT A BUNCH OF DUDES AFTER HIM the reader only learns about Emperor and Hanged Man after Jotaro interrogates Yellow Temperance

Nope, that was all in the manga.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

SALT CURES HAM posted:

e: ...it just sank in that JoJo has a evil perverted orangutan that dresses up in a boat captain's outfit and smokes a pipe as a minor villain. This show is batshit insane.

Hahaha you haven't seen anything yet.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Spacedad posted:

It starts out strong but then meanders and by the end gets incomprehensible.

This quote works for some Jojo parts too though. Thankfully not Part 3.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Maybe he makes himself look incompetent so that his enemies won't think he's threatening enough to immediately kill, thus making his stand less dangerous to use.

Or we're just overthinking things since a lot of characters in Jojo are silly and nonsensical.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Momomo posted:

My main confusion with these guys is why Dio would think they're good enough to work under him. He even wanted to go and kill them, but was told not to because plot.

I don't think Dio cares about them at all, Enya was the one who arranged for them to attack Jojo and co.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Nah DIO does care. There was a whole bit where he basically told Enya not to underestimate the Joestars

I meant Dio doesn't care about his underlings.

EDIT: DIO*

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Davincie posted:

Where did the bad guy go after falling of the balcony? His stand went into the doll but what about the guy himself? Is it explained in the manga how he ended up on the toilet?

Presumably he grabbed onto a balcony and pulled himself in. He fell over the side himself afterall, he probably planned it out.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It's kinda hard to guess how Dio would do against his own minions before knowing what his stand is/does. If you mean with just his Vampire powers I think a lot of the stands in the series would wreck him since he wouldn't be able to stop them without a stand of his own. His only way of winning would be to take out the stand user before he's killed.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Kuvo posted:

Well when you live close to 200 years its probably pretty easy to make some money on compound interest alone.

No, he's a little over 100. And most of that time was spend at the bottom of the ocean.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Soylentbits posted:

Also Dio is using a ripple master's body. He might be able to handle some degree of ripple or sun due to his unique physiology.

The flesh buds don't have any ripple resistance, not much reason to think DIO does. Joseph is the only ripple user he has to worry about anyway.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Rhygezenguro posted:

Jean Grey. These days none of the X-Men are even surprised when she comes back.

Her power is literally called Phoenix though.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Thumbtacks posted:

Wait, seriously? How old is this, anyway?

Part 1 is '86, Part 3 was ~'89-'92. It's still going, on it's 8th part. Part 7 and 8 take place in a alternate timeline than the rest though.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah it just wouldn't be the same without Dio.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Pomp posted:

Even Speedwagon thinks this post is weird!

ftfy

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Careful with that video, there are some spoilers for part 3 in the related videos.

EDIT: There are some loving creepy videos on that channel.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Sep 18, 2014

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

BambooEarpick posted:

I am like you. I started reading the manga and it is so loving good.

Also, I noticed that Jojo and crew don't really kill as many people as they get deeper into this quest. Like, I feel like they killed all the stand users they fought in the beginning and now they tend not to; just render them incapacitated. Or did they always do that and I was just under the impression that their foes were killed?

No, you're right. I wonder if that was editor pressure or what.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Gruckles posted:

The entirety of the Stardust Crusaders manga has been released in English by Viz. For parts 4 and beyond you're going to have to wait a long time for any kind of official translation.

I can see Part 4 getting a Viz translation if Part 4 is animated and gets a dub.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Cars is probably the only Jojo villain who genuinely had good intentions.

What? No he didn't. He was a power hungry maniac.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah he shows up in the Jojo/Gundam crossover too.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Stands wouldn't be too out of place in G Gundam. There's already a robot piloted by a human riding a robot horse that is piloted by an actual horse.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It's Gundams all the way down.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So any news on if we're getting a new ending song or not?

RatHat fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Dec 25, 2014

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Dio's stand is called Marilyn Manson and just removes a couple of his ribs.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
If anyone was wondering why Iggy looks so different in the opening/ending and in the episode, his design changed gradually as the manga went on. He gets a human-ish face and looks kinda grotesque by the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So now that Iggy is introduced I can point out the 6th shooting star in the 1st opening. Where it touches down roughly corresponds to New York's location too.

• Locked thread