Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

So, I just realized something amusing.

Polnareff's shtick is getting attacked in bathrooms, which I thought started with J. Geil and continued with Enya.

But in retrospect, it started with Ebony Devil, whose Stand user was attacking him from a bathroom.

I just realized something amusing as well: Polnareff licked a toilet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm less concerned with the science behind the stands, and more concerned with how sexy the men look as they pose and strike each other with powerful blows, and what new lines they are going to have Grandpa JoJo say in English every week.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think Joseph said "son of the bitch" but I'm not sure.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They made that baby eat its own poo poo. That's hosed up.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Between Goku and people with kids on my Facebook I barely notice anymore

Looks like I need to get cooler Facebook friends.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I know it's a consequence of the show having much better animation this season, but I miss how much of Pt. 2 was just freeze frame animation panels with insane color schemes and ridiculous floral and star patterns while people monologued about wrestling homoerotic vampires. I just want to see Dio again.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I watched a smattering of episodes from
Season 1 today and another element that is majorly missing from Stardust Crusaders is that no one ever says "JoJo". Every time someone said in Parts 1 and 2 they were hamming it to an insane degree, especially when Dio would draw it out for no good reason

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Supersonic Shine posted:

It's probably because Walk Like An Egyptian is a less dramatic song than Roundabout. The sad-sounding guitar strings that begin Roundabout are good for tense moments, while the tambourine that starts off Walk Like An Egyptian is less so.

Yeah but on the other hand, the conclusion of every fight usually ends with real ridiculous jokes or gags, so kicking the beat in as Polnareff or Avdol throw out a nice "T S K T S K" would be rad.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Qwertycoatl posted:

High Priestess could have sliced off his hand without hum noticing

This seems unlikely to happen

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They get progressively more sadistic, it's kinda hosed up.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm going to watch today's episode on a phone on a train

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My Big Fat Gay Egyptian Orgy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

hoobajoo posted:

I think the idea of any story/series/artwork being gay or not is inherently stupid and nonsensical.

So like a classy inked portraiture of two extremely buff naked men making out with full blown erections would be like uh just a drawing? A weird happenstance?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dragonatrix posted:

He saved a dog from being hit by a car.

The most heinous of all Jojo crimes.

Lol I forgot that basically the first thing Dio does when he shows up is murder a dog for basically no reason

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Do you think Dio has ever jacked off in Jotaro's body

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh wait Jonathon, not Jotaro. The JoJo bod he has. I mixed the names up

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Swilo posted:

What is with all these untagged spoilers lately?

Who cares.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SPOILERS Dio sucks his own dick to completion in front of JoJo to his horror

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'd be shocked if they weren't considering they simulcast the first half of SC.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There should be over 9000 episodes of JoJo's because of how epic it is.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Davinci posted:

Is there anywhere that has all the different variations of the It's Finally Friday comic in one place?

This thread.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FutureFriend posted:

like half of part 1 is just some mosaics rotating over a character model

Yeah, trying to go back and watch some of the vampire fights from Part 2 was rough compared to how much better the stands look in action

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The animation in motion often looked pretty bad but the JoJo style is so insanely powerful that still frames with color palette swaps were loving awesome. Part 3 has looked way better than broadcast Part 1/2 but I love all of it and I look forward to the next decade of JoJo seasons

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Just because it can be worse doesn't mean it isn't very good.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Doesn't change the fact that Araki is occasionally inconsistent with names, as he is with many things.

But whatever. Let's talk about how N'Doul shot himself in the head and was still able to talk in complete sentences for a good minute.

Remember when Speedwagon was cut in half and had like a 5 minute heart to heart with JoJo?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This show is too powerful

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oops Zeppeli.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Beef Waifu posted:

Speedwagon died and the Speedwagon foundation was never founded so everyone died.

N...no!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hearty lol at the woman whose first response upon seeing a dog in a restaurant is to start hucking empty plates at it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That was the best episode yet, hot drat

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Misandrist Wytch posted:

people are arguing abuot whether the oingos and boingos stand was useless, but who cares it was just an entire episode of the crusaders horribly abusing someone.

They made that poor rear end in a top hat eat 5 cigarettes and then blew him in half

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

another funny detail: nearly the entire time Joseph is driving the car in the second half, he either has his eyes glued on the backseat or his hands off the wheel

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmfao at number 7. The editing on that bit was top notch

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

all these episodes are good but I really loving want Dio back. I started watching this show from the beginning with a friend and drat Dio is such a good character. I miss him on screen with the JoJos

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope Joseph and Avdol smooch next week because their bodies get pulled together by the magnetism

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was hoping Avdol and Joseph would kiss, but it turned out to be 1000x better. Good stuff

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ChaosArgate posted:

Honestly this kind of poo poo is another reason why I'm happy there's an official sub for JoJo. I just know fansubbers won't be able to resist the chance to leave "Yare yare daze" intact in the glorious master language instead of translating it for us baka gaijin.

The official translation is fine, but they don't hold a candle to the insane stuff GGsubs did with the first season.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ChaosArgate posted:

Honestly this kind of poo poo is another reason why I'm happy there's an official sub for JoJo. I just know fansubbers won't be able to resist the chance to leave "Yare yare daze" intact in the glorious master language instead of translating it for us baka gaijin.

The official translation is fine, but they don't hold a candle to the insane stuff GGsubs did with the first season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They alliterated basically every line. It was cool.

• Locked thread