Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Boogaleeboo posted:

All you need to know about Joseph Joestar is that when his plan to sneak into a secret Nazi base dressed as a woman failed, he was really bummed out.

Part 2 is the best because it's the part that features a fight between (spoilers if you haven't seen Battle Tendency) a cyborg nazi soldier and an ancient aztec demigod wielding bone laser chainsaws.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Clearly, Polnareff is cautious of mirrors ever since his fight with J. Geil.

:thejoke:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Weird thing I noticed skimming through the Battle Tendency episodes: The part 2 opening has sound effects added to it at some point. Episode 13 it's just plain Bloody Storm, episode 25 (the next one I watched) it has noises for punches, the clackers at the beginning, etc.

E: I will never get over how hype the final battle with Cars is with Sono Chi No Sadame playing in the background.

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Aug 5, 2014

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Allowances to be made for occasional alternation with "OHHHSHIIIIIIIIIIIIT"

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Funnily enough, I came across this tumblr post earlier today:

quote:

See that hat? Look a little closer.

See it? There’s just loving hair on the back of the hat.
That’s right, folks - Jotaro literally just glued hair to the back of his hat so it would blend with his own when he wore it. Like so.

Also the new episode is creepy as gently caress. I spoiled myself on the stuff in the OVAs a while back, but that just means I love it even more now that we're into the stuff that wasn't in them.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

chaos rhames posted:

Nearly every jojo thing spoils the end of stardust crusaders at some point.

Yeah I was spoiled on the thing literally a decade ago, long before I even knew what manga was, let alone JoJo specifically.

Still owns.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Avdol was pretty :smug:, too, when he wanted to be.

:(

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

This loving show... :allears:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I'm just watching the intro, but I have to point out: Polnareff re-re-confirmed for best character.

E: OH HEY, they did the added sound effects in the intro like I noticed about Battle Tendency earlier. Looks like that is indeed gonna be A Thing!

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

BambooEarpick posted:

We won't be able to talk underwater so... (proceeds to talk underwater)

KakyoinAvdol said they could use their stands to communicate right before Polnareff's signal gag.

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Sep 13, 2014

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

amuayse posted:

Look closely at the shooting stars in the opening.

Whoashit.

E: Also, "Looks like your diamonds... are a little low on calcium." Jotaro you loving goober.

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Sep 13, 2014

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Realtalk, though, changing names has pretty much nothing to do with the quality of the adaptation, it's entirely a localization issue, due to copyright laws everywhere that isn't Japan. Even if every name had to be completely mangled, it wouldn't really be a slight against David.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Alternatively, we could have the music from some Marlon Brando film.

Nope, Dio Brando threw away his humanity (and thus the connection to his family name) in Part 1. He is now only DIO.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Beef Waifu posted:

That baby was a piece of poo poo, gently caress it.

please do not gently caress the baby

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Wow, that sounds a lot more polished than the preview they had up a few months back.

E: Also DIO sounds amazing.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Heh, it's been over 2 weeks since I visited Crunchyroll now that JoJo's over for the moment, and they've started sending me "COME WATCH MORE ANIMEEEEE" emails. Not til January, fuckers! :haw:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

DIO did nothing wrong.

Dio Brando, however, manipulated that one woman into eating her baby.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Butt Ghost posted:

Uh, in exchange for immortality :colbert:

Is she still alive? :colbert:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

deadly_pudding posted:

I really enjoy how he plays off of Polnareff. They are like a weird teen + fabulous manchild buddy cop duo, and it's incredible.

Still the best character interaction in the show so far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euwL2Uhfsn8

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

ManlyGrunting posted:

You can hardly fault [REDACTED], poor dude was just looking for love in all the wrong places. who here can't relate? :smith:

[REDACTED]

You edited your post, I'll edit mine. :unsmith:

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Dec 24, 2014

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Wait, the human is piloted by a horse?

There is a human that rides a horse. The human is a Gundam pilot. The horse is also a Gundam pilot. The human Gundam rides the horse Gundam.

Gundam.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Prison Warden posted:

He'll be Frank Welker in the dub.

Frank Welker for all the voices, imo.

With Peter Cullen as DIO.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

That's clearly not Iggy, since it's attacking water with no other provocation.

:colbert:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Araki tried to warn us.

We didn't listen.

Maybe something was preventing him from warning us.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Nessus posted:

That's a clever gimmick but I think only Stand-users can directly see Stands - to everyone else weird stuff just happens at random intervals. So it would probably falter when people were staring at the "Stand" and ignoring the "normal guy."

Well, Strength and Yellow Temperance could be seen by normal people, right? It's not unreasonable there's others.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I wonder, if the English dub ever does materialize, if they'll manage to get rights to use the proper names instead of the fudged ones. I know they used the latter for the OVA, but this is a somewhat bigger production so maybe it'll be different.

IronicDongz posted:

The 3d models in the earlier OP look pretty weird at certain points.

http://onepixeljump.com/2013/03/16/some-poses-are-physically-impossible-making-of-the-jojos-opening-sequences/

They had to physically break the models at a few points in order to get the poses to look right.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

It's actually a chemical formula for Stand repellent, composed of Jo Jol ions.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

The real loss is that we haven't had more "Next you're going to say..." moments. Obviously Joseph's not the Arc Protagonist, but still, it was a great mindgame, which is what half the stand battles so far have been.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Waffleman_ posted:

I'd like to see an AU story where Holly is the hero instead of Jotaro.

HoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

Excuse you, she prefers Seiko.

KoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

IronicDongz posted:

the most important thing about this episode is apparently this whole time jojo and friends have been doing loving stupid poo poo and probably burning the poo poo out of themselves with cigarettes

Also the fact that the main adult of the group, Joseph, is just as much of a jackass and encouraging their goofy bullshit because even at age 70 or whatever, he's still Joseph loving Joestar.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

It has more ORAs. :swoon:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

E: gently caress WRONG THREAD

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

sniper4625 posted:

Can...can Clint Eastwood hold five cigarettes in his mouth and drink a beer without extinguishing them? :ohdear:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Iserlohn posted:

Polnareff is the best Crusader There I said it.

Wow way to make a controversial statement in the jojo's bizarre adventure anime thread, you really stirred up the poo poo there

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

i kinda want to scratch kakyoin's face up to match recent events but :effort:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Voxx posted:

Next episode: Yelling with Grandpa Joe. :allears:

It's one of the fights I've been itching to see animated ever since I caved and read the manga, it's going to be amazing. :allears:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Now I want to see Avdol and Magician's Red both do the finger wag.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

God, wheel of fortune. It was basically the exact same as the movie. That owned.

Even better, it was Christine with a hefty sprinkling of Duel to boot.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

PiedPiper posted:

David also put star-shaped family birthmark on Joseph in part two, even though it was something Araki first thought of in part three of the manga. They're really thorough with this poo poo.

Not just Joseph, Johnathan got it too:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Japanese is a difficult language and capturing the tone and meaning of someone's dialogue is a pain in the loving rear end?

Like, it's completely unrelated to any of the latin-based languages, both in syntax and etymology.

E: And then you read half the loving kanji wrong and... I was gonna say something related to part 4 but suffice to say numerous words can be written with the same characters, pronounced completely differently and with completely unrelated meanings.

• Locked thread