Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Suaimhneas posted:

If we're going with videogame comparisons, it might help if you thought of it more as Persona than Pokemon :v:

Taken full circle in the Persona 4 anime, where Personas are simply Stands in every meaningful way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Sekkira posted:

1998 was 16 years ago.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Rei_ posted:

I love Kakyoin giving little tourist tips everywhere he goes.

I thought him and Jotaro making the flight attendants swoon was pretty funny. If only for the look on Avdol's face.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
So the Runaway Girl actually has a name now. Given how many chapters she appeared in, the fact that she was never named in the original manga was somewhat astonishing.

Baron O Beefdip posted:

I'll always love how Rubber Soul acts super creepy for no reason at all.

I always figured he thought it was safer to let Jotaro punch "Kakyoin" and get Temperance on him that way rather than trying to attack directly.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
That was the most JoJo OP, gently caress yes. END OF ZA WARUDOOOO :black101:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I thought helldumping was when you made a thread about how some other poster was a tool, and then wrote a lovingly-researched screed about how much of a tool they really were

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

sniper4625 posted:

Is Clint Eastwood a JoJo fan? Would never have guessed.

It's the other way around, apparently. Araki was an Eastwood fan and based a bunch of poses or something off of Eastwood.

Eastwood also has a history of engaging with enemy Stands:

Vengarr fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Jan 30, 2015

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Taciturn Tactician posted:

I don't think there's a real way to embed tumblr videos in BBcode so here is a link to a sweet opening crossover(embed version to spare you tumblr layouts)

It's pretty spooky how well that matches in timing without any editing

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Broseph Brostar posted:

That happens with western media too, especially with book to movie transitions or american remakes of foreign films. Anime fans are just more outspoken about it.

It happens in all languages, in all genres. One of my favorites is Natsume Soseki translating the English phrase "I love you" as "The moon is beautiful, isn't it".

Meanwhile Fukuzawa Yukichi wasn't having any of that poo poo and straight-up invented dozens if not hundreds of words for foreign concepts. He even invented a new katakana character to help with pronouncing foreign words.

A Shogunate official bitched at him once for his liberal translations. The more things change...

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Shinjobi posted:

So I don't post here, since I'm a season behind on the JoJos and all, but I thought this story might catch some of y'all's attention.

http://m.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-31689148

It's not DUWANG, but it's close enough I think.

What a beautiful duang.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
As much as I normally hate it, I actually kinda liked the big black censor bar this episode. Having half of Jotaro's face cut off makes him look like a monster. Just the way D'arby was seeing him at that moment :getin:

We need an :oraora: emoticon.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Y'know, given that Dio is puppeting Johnathon's corpse and doesn't possess his original vampire body, couldn't he actually walk around in the sun if he kept his head covered?

He could wear a burkha or something.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Just wanna point out that Dio could easily have ended the show right there in the tower, but he passed up the perfect chance to kill all of his enemies in one stroke in favor of freaking them the gently caress out. And punishing Nukesaku.

Dio is just about unmatched for sheer loving arrogance.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Saagonsa posted:

Didn't Joseph specifically say that Dio couldn't have done that thanks to the time limit?

That was just his guess. The real reason is that Dio is an arrogant gently caress. They pose zero threat to him, so he is going to take his time and slaughter them slowly.

He could have stopped time and killed them all instantly with thrown knives like Joseph instead of messing with them and killing Nukesaku. Or at least, most of them.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Bad Seafood posted:

I would totally play a Pokemon-style Jojo game.

Travel the world, beat up enemy stand users, make them join your team.

7th Stand User is nearly this. The best part of the game is seeing all the crazy Stands your protagonist can get in the Character Creation part.

Also giving him a stupid catchphrase and battlecry.

The battle system is way too thin though, especially considering how many loving random battles there are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
We need Jorge Joestar animated.

• Locked thread