Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Of course, some fights can be condensed much more than others. At least one could work as just a cold open, even.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The blu-rays were released from January to September, so they started at the halfway point of the series.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The man train at the end :allears:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Edit: I'm dumb.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Mar 23, 2014

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

OWLS! posted:

Kind of hope the MMM guys reunite for this. I loved their subs for the first season.

It's been confirmed that they're returning. The tokusatsu sub group Over-Time, who was a part of MMM, said so in a news post a month ago.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Captain_Indigo posted:

Is the episode just streaming once, or will it be available to stream from then on with a crunchy subscription?

It's just being uploaded. Crunchy subscribers get exclusive access for a week, and after a week, the episode becomes free to stream.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Pierson posted:

Link? Jojo owns and Persona owns but I didn't know we were getting a new one apart from some weird mobile thing.

We're getting a few, actually. The one in question with the poses is Persona Q, an Etrian Oddysey-style dungeon crawler featuring characters from P3 and 4. Then there's a P4 rhythm game called Dancing All Night and Persona 5 coming.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

HellCopter posted:

Does Amazon do that thing where they ship preordered games as soon as they arrive, instead of on the release date?

Amazon sends preordered games out from the supplier on the release date. I think Prime members get them sent early so they arrive release day.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I liked the detail that in Holly's picture of Jotaro, his hair had not become his hat yet.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

That's pretty much how it always is. Part 1 Dio is Dio Brando, and Part 3 Dio is DIO. It's the same way in All Star Battle.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Zorak posted:

I cannot think of anything that matters less than "oh no, even though they're including all the JoJo poses they change them slightly sometimes!"

You don't understand, Zorak. It's not Jojo if it's not vaguely homoerotic.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

XboxPants posted:

I mean, how would you even figure out that ability in the first place? I figure Joseph was just freaking out and smashing everything in sight and suddenly a picture came out of a broken camera. And it's complete luck that he even discovered that power. Who knows what other smash-based abilities he may have!

There are some Stands later on in the series with abilities that suggest that people just know.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Smokey was elected the mayor of Georgia so he's probably still in politics.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The cartoon isn't gonna make you suck its dick, bro. No need to get all gay panic.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

Magician's Red is the Magician because it uses fire.

The tarot motif in part 3 is pretty neat, but it's not used correctly at all; notice how we skipped The Fool (0) and started all the way at The Star (17) but then doubled back to the Magician (1) then jumped ahead to The Hermit (9) then went back again to the Hierophant (5) and woah now he's skipping right to Tower (16) and oh man now we're back to the Chariot (7)? :psyduck:

Araki pretty much just used it to think up a bunch of cool Stands.

Well, sometimes the Fool is thought of as the final arcana as well as the first arcana.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

WickedHate posted:

Gray Fly saying something like "my card embodies the card The Tower" or whatever is weird, because it makes you think the Tarot and the Stands are actually linked. Nope. A bunch of people just independently decided to use that theme.

And none of them repeated.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I could never live in the Jojoverse. I'd wake right up when Shonen fights started happening on my plane.

I think it was implied that Tower of Gray's user was putting everyone on the plane to sleep except the Crusaders, at least in the manga. It's been a while.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

NTT posted:

I love how Joseph hates Japan but has no problem at all with Hong Kong.

They drink hot cola. That's a big problem. :colbert:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Tobaccrow posted:

The whole scene on the street was original to the anime, along with "Japanese coffee sucks!" and "Why Japan sleep on floor?" For whatever reason, the anime is giving us extra scenes of xenophobic grandpa adventures.

I welcome it, they are amazing.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Please stop. We haven't gotten to these things yet and they are great things.

Edit: I mean, I don't see how you can not recognize literally posting panels from later in the manga as spoilers.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, Hierophant Green's entire deal is pretty much "I can make my Stand go pretty far."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Wark Say posted:

Look at it from this perspective: While Krillin got the rear end-end of the trade most of the time, Mayumi Tanaka went on to become the voice for the future Pirate King. That's a pretty sweet deal.

And Sonny Strait went on to voice the ACTUAL Pirate King Totally Not Lying.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Welcome to Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, the show where everything's fabulous and the power levels don't matter.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Orgia Carnaval posted:

What would Goku's stand be?

Monkey Magic.

It's funny because Journey to the West.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

:eng101: The name Crossfire Hurricane is most likely a reference to the Rolling Stones song Jumpin' Jack Flash, which begins with the line "I was born in a crossfire hurricane."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

So that's two OPs that sync up with OPs from another anime for Jojo (for reference, Battle Tendency's Bloody Stream and Space Dandy's Viva Namida are quite interchangeable. Is there an OP that syncs with Phantom Blood's OP?

Also Stand Proud over KLK's second OP. Just for the curious. I'm sure someone could make a better synced version.

Check the sidebar.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

HellCopter posted:

The best stats are the ones that are meaningless.

Much like sex.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

I see I heavily underestimated the goon ability to run poo poo into the ground.

Oh well, better than power level chat. :v:

You know what's better than both of them and actually much easier to do?

Not posting. :v:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Joseph's father was Johnathan's son, so British.

Also, I don't think you can be a blood American unless you're talking about Native American.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

To celebrate the Ruby and Sapphire remakes, here's Stand Proud in Hoenn Trumpets.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Stroheim wasn't a Nazi. He was a member of the German Army during WWII. That's different enough for Japanese broadcasters, and it's different enough for me. :colbert:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Wrong thread

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 05:52 on May 9, 2014

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

SunAndSpring posted:

So do you think they'll clear up the censorship when the BDs come out? There was a lot of it in Tower of Grey and the latest episode where they censor Jotaro's smoking.

That's pretty much standard practice in anime along with animation fixes.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The Devil Tesla posted:

Rie Kugimiya continues to be in every anime.

And according to the credits, the runaway girl's name is Ann. Which is odd, as she was never given a name in the manga.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Sekkira posted:

Pretty sure it was just iced tea or coffee or something. As far as I know, all drinks in Japan are canned.

Nah, it was a Heineken in the manga, if I recall.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Because German root beer IS THE BEST ROOT BEER IN THE WORLD!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Nah, she never had a name. She's always been known as Runaway Girl.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

And the theme song they made for it loving rocks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1A8LX3ttjw

Look into my evil eyez~

Edit: And here's a trailer for it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB66laScBPU

It was animated by the same studio that did the Stardust Crusaders OVA series, and it shows as they really don't have the Jojo aesthetic down.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 04:30 on May 12, 2014

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The Phantom Blood game was bad too, despite having a stage where you played as Speedwagon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, Stardust is longer than both Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency combined, so it's obviously a bit slower.

• Locked thread