Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

Doesn't really explain how DIO got from being a head in Jonathan's arms in the middle of an inferno to a full body sitting underneath Erina.

Also I am so ashamed of all you people not writing DIO's name with the full caps he deserves.

Vampire tentacles, dude. Vampire tentacles. That bit's actually pretty well set up - we already knew he was capable of that because that's why he was on the ship in the first place - to saw off Jonathan's head with his freaky neck-veins and plug himself on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

khy posted:

I've heard great things about this series but I can't get past the character design and art. It all looks so flamboyant and gay. I can't decide whether or not the series is trying to appeal to the homosexual male or heterosexual female demographics.

Embrace the camp. Embrace it like a great big sweaty man with inexplicable hathair.

EDIT: on an unrelated note, Walk Like an Egyptian might be the first time that I've honestly preferred an ED to an OP. In my experience, anime endings tend to be kind of :effort:, with the eye-catching visuals and audio saved for the money-shot that is a show's opening. Even when an ED is good, the OP is usually better. This time, though? WLAE is just so visually and aurally beautiful that the OP, good as it is, just can't compete.

Darth Walrus fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Apr 25, 2014

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I do like how they're giving the rest of the cast time to shine here. This episode was basically The Avdol Show and he won fair and square, with Jotaro just popping in to clean up at the end.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
C'mon, isn't every episode the Tom of Finland episode?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Zorak posted:

Every villain in Fist of the North Star has a giant crush that they can't deal with driving them to murder everyone.

I'm not really sure I want to contemplate where Jagi fits into that theory.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

SALT CURES HAM posted:

e: ...it just sank in that JoJo has a evil perverted orangutan that dresses up in a boat captain's outfit and smokes a pipe as a minor villain. This show is batshit insane.

One might even call it... bizarre.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

WickedHate posted:

As soon as Strength has them they are good as dead anyway. Forever only failed because he's a stupid orangutan and let himself be goaded.

That's a weakness too. Better teamwork would likely compensate for that.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

The Hanged Man sure seems like a handy Stand. You can attack people through mirrors AND it keeps you dry from the rain....somehow.

Raindrops are reflective. That should give it enough leeway to give its host some cover.

They're pretty lucky they aren't facing Geil/Centerfold in monsoon season, actually. I don't even want to think about what he could do in a proper fight in a rainstorm.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Supersonic Shine posted:

Polnareff and J. Geil remind me of a more OTT version of Inigo Montoya and the six-fingered man, complete with weird hands.

This is Jojo. I don't think you need to specify 'more OTT'.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Genocyber posted:

(I guess the fishman one is worse).

Blue Moon's really not a bad stand - it's basically a downgraded Star Platinum with some sweet little bonuses in water, and we all know how useful and versatile Star Platinum is. Emperor allows its user to control a bullet, Blue Moon allows its user to control a whole person who hits almost as hard as a bullet. That's some nice utility there.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
That ominous chanty piece that plays when the villains are getting the upper hand is pretty rad, though.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I also like that Kakyoin's taking the lead here. Seems he hasn't had that much to do for a while.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

Joseph's head was a nightclub for a short moment :allears:

Joseph Joestar's head is always a nightclub. Steely Dan just got to join in for one brief, glorious moment.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

amuayse posted:

The better question is why is there a dancefloor and stage lights in Joseph's brain?

He's a Jojo. True fabulousness comes from within.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Ah, there's that cool ominous chanty track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT-s-4rtTuM

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Fluo posted:

What's up with Jotaro Kujo's hat anyway?

What hat?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

I clapped out of joy when Polnareff and Avdol took part in the timeless male bonding ritual of pissing together (into another man's mouth).

With attendant rainbows.

I know people were grumbling about the lack of fabulousness after Battle Tendency, so it's nice to see this season getting super gay sometimes. Insofar as non-consensual muscleman watersports can be described as 'nice'.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Broseph Brostar posted:

Top Gun is a better movie to use for that, or did people think that movie was gay in the 80s as well?

That seemed to kick off with Tarantino's famous rant on the subject in 1994:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzY9a-WmE6o

Mind you, the Eighties were incredibly gay. There's a reason stuff like this exists:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32FB-gYr49Y

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Spacedad posted:

You're forgetting the other rule: Don't gently caress with I, DIO.

I'm pretty sure that DIO is perfectly OK with you loving with him. :pervert:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Steins;Gate had a great dub. Good localisation of the geeky references, and the guy who played Dandy (and Isaac in Baccano) really shone as the lead.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Supersonic Shine posted:

The opening and ending are suspiciously low-key compared to the other openings and endings. I'm getting a real "calm before the storm" vibe from them.

The ending is downright mournful, with Jojo alone in the desert as a photograph of his friends flutters away. :ohdear:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Star Platinum posted:

wanna throw that dogge :allears:

That sounds like a euphemism for something, but I have no idea what.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Besides, this is Jojo. When your hero dresses like this or this, what counts as a 'normal' outfit?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Supersonic Shine posted:

I like how Jotaro had a polite burial for the guy who murdered two innocent people and grievously injured two of his friends. Then again, maybe it was done out of pity, because N'Doul was clearly not all there.

I'm pretty sure the Speedwagon Foundation count under 'enemy combatants'. They may be the support crew rather than front-line fighters, but they're still actively involved in facilitating Dio's murder.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

RatHat posted:

hey spoilers!!!

we aren't supposed to know about Dio's anime harem yet

Who the hell do you think our heroes have been fighting for the past couple of dozen episodes?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

e X posted:

Wait, did you all fell suddenly in love with the elevator music, or did they changed it?

Just watch the drat episode.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Nessus posted:

Remember: the Rero thing was a thing Kakyoin actually did, and Jotaro only spoke up sometime around the fourth backbreaker. Kakyoin should probably be in a jail.

Also, the baby poop thing. Poor Oingo might well have ended up traumatised for life by the time he got out of that car.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Finally, Polnareff gets a neato sword fight.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

pointlessone posted:

He's got no grudge against Dio, why would he risk his skin for some half assed crusade?

Are you suggesting that any one of the Crusaders is not a complete rear end?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Fist of the North Star, one of JJBA's biggest influences, also did it a bit. Which was no easy feat considering how Kenshiro's abilities worked.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
You guys complaining about fanservice do realise you're watching a show that's, like, 80% musclemen in skintight clothes posing sexily, right?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Oh no, an attractive woman. I'm starting to come down with a case of the vapours.

Well, it is screentime that could otherwise be spent on attractive men.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Tarezax posted:

Not that impressive if they hired a feng shui guy when designing and furnishing the place.

In Egypt?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

PiedPiper posted:

Apart from Anubis, have we actually seen any Egyptian god in person?

Geb, I think? His water certainly took on a humanoid shape. And I guess Bast's electrical socket is her 'body'.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Moltrey posted:

GGsubs blessed us with "Speedwagon Serenely Skedaddles' so that pretty much excuses GG if anything.

"Time is of the essence, and your essence is our timer."

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

quakster posted:

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > ADTRW > Stand battles as allegories for real-world politics

Mentally counting down until some weird MRA dude shows up to explain to us what the Bast fight has to say about radical feminism.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Zeruel posted:

It gets crushed by the Patriarchy?

As it should be. :mrapig:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Taciturn Tactician posted:

I propose instead of TGIF we use YIFF: Yes, it's finally Friday.

Does... does anybody want to tell him?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

It'll be great because David knows their poo poo.

As this episode amply demonstrated. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
They kicked him out after they saw him heading towards the paediatric section with a full bedpan.

• Locked thread