Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Part 1 was pretty great because about half of it is almost literally a soap opera with Dio and JoJo, to the point of Dio being a huge petty dick for no reason. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Moltrey posted:

Just checked it and he says that #28 "is the winner of this year's season." Whatever that means.

e:
i'm so glad we've got this fight

Star Platinum posted:

Viz translation says it's Jean Alesi's number.

The 1990 F1 season was won by Ayrton Senna, driving car #27, with his teammate, Gerhard Berger driving the same car, with his number being #28.
And in 1991 (the year that the manga chapter was printed), Jean Alesi did indeed drive the #28 Ferrari. So both are not wrong.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

That's true, but I think it's only because Jotaro thinks he's too cool to express enjoyment of anything.

Jotaro is a hipster? I can get behind that idea.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Stairmaster posted:

Good news with tomorrows episode we can pretend we can all actually feel the excitement of the golden days when Battle Tendency was airing instead of this bullshit idle curiosity most of part 3 has presented us with.

Source your quotes please

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Monaghan posted:

Dio in Part 1 was loving amazing because of how he tormented Jonathan constantly. He was also hilariously petty, like stealing erina's first kiss. He was so much fun to hate.

Part 1 was basically a soap opera, with punching.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Is there any word on a Part 4 adaption? I'm considering reading the manga after Stardust Crusaders is over, but I'm really ambivalent, really enjoying the Friday-to-Friday wait for some reason. Any goon opinion or info?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Aurain posted:

There was something of an update in the past couple of days.
The JoJo anime twitter teased with a couple of photographs of relevance to part 4, but also said that it's not greenlit so the official line is it's not happening yet, but honestly, we're just going to have to wait for the series to end for confimation that we are or aren't getting Part 4.

Part 4 is amazing and you should read it anyway, it'll enhance your anime experience if the time comes, rather than detract from it.

That seems like good advice. Do I start after I finish Part 3, or can I start now? I haven't touched a manga in years, much less something like JoJo.

Alright cool, I can live. Thanks for the tip, appreciate it. :)

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Worst Girl posted:

I think that's actually Joseph.

Nah, Joseph is actually enjoyable, and not terrible.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Go RV! posted:

Don't talk about Joseph like that, he's trying to help.

:vince:

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Oh, why stop at the dub? Live-action, come on, make it happen.

SamuraiSnake posted:

British accents for part 1 or get out.

Richard Ayoade as Speedwagon.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Cicadalek posted:

I like how Jojo's group walk into the mansion and just play a couple of videogames, while the B team have to contend with a loving vampire inside of a flying invisible hell orb demon.

Ice truly is the Dark Souls of Stand users.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Kanos posted:

One of these things is not like the others.

Duh. Birds aren't people, of course there's an odd one out.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I  am  incredibly  hyped.

The post-credits scene was like the equivalent of Wolfenstein's GET  PSYCHED

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Bifauxnen posted:

Well, he did just suffer a quite traumatic head injury.

That's more of a neck injury, I don't think it counts.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

we're talking about anime fans here, most of which aren't american

Ah yes, a very famous rock song, by a very famous rock star, whose name is the same as the character in the video, truly the pinnacle of obscurity.

Really now, it's a recognizable song, and the intro is pretty characteristic.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I like talking to my friend about the latest episode and stuff, or sometimes watching it together over Skype. Don't think I'd watch an internet dude watching JoJo, though.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

...are we sure he isn't a Joestar?

STAND NAME: [The Rock]
STAND USER: [Dwayne Johnson]

Araki, please do it. Also, Mick Foley, he even has three characters to pick from, not to mention [Testicular Fortitude] or other catchphrases.

Hell, so does The Rock. [The Millions] would be a good Stand name too.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Prison Warden posted:

He's just pulling a Gentaro. He's gonna befriend Jotaro no matter what!

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Zeruel posted:

HOLY DIVER
YOUVE BEEN DOWN TOO LONG IN THE MIDNIGHT SEA

the wildest rear end posted:

He may have been at the bottom of the ocean for a hundred years, but essentially he's still the same 20 year old shithead he was when he became a vampire

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

YF-23 posted:

What about them? He could cut a pillar man in a hundred pieces but he'd still put himself together afterwards. The only weapon against the pillar men is the sun and the ripple (and maybe volcanoes), and DIO is just as vulnerable to those as the pillar men are, if not more.

NOPE

Serperoth fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Jun 1, 2015

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

the wildest rear end posted:

Shhhh we're not supposed to know what it does yet

Fixed, apologies for that.

Kurtofan posted:

Wrong Thread syndrome strikes again.

Yeah, I decided to read ahead in Part 3, and was talking with a friend who also knew. :negative:

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I know what The World is and does, and I  am  beyond  hyped

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

FRIDAY

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Surprisingly Dope posted:

What I really don't like about the ova after watching a little bit of it was how much of a dick Polanareff was. Wtf is up with that.

I haven't seen the OVA, but he's French, so that probably explains a lot. :v:

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

There are communities on the Internet that aren't heavily into anime?

I would say scale model people, but nah, Gunpla exists, and so do various anime cars so.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Shukaro posted:

Jotaro and Dio work out their differences with their words instead of their fists next episode.

Stop quoting my fanfiction please.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

ManlyGrunting posted:

Speedwagon is the exception to the rule. Only Jojo would let someone so adorable commentate on fights. :colbert:

I want Speedwagon as a commentator in various stuff. "Esports", actual sports, you name it, I'd watch it.

Seagull posted:

iggy deserves to live

Iggy did nothing wrong.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Senor Candle posted:

Grampa Joseph makes generous donations

"Oh Jotaro you're still wearing those same old pants, go get yourself some new ones, here, five thousand should do it. Get something to eat too honey you look like you're hungry."

Aurain posted:

I actually found the first page of the Speedwagon Foundation application form on the internet one day.

Is there the full document of these around? Seems like a good laugh.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

QUALITY Dio is still Dio and we should treat him, DIO, with respect. :colbert:

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

A Major Fucker posted:

joseph really should have kept using hamon in stardust crusaders. it would have given him something to do in fights, made sense, and added variety

He used Hamon vs. that little monster thing that was on his arm at least, and I remember a few more times.
Oh and, you know, the last episode, he infused Hermit Purple with Hamon.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

ChaosArgate posted:

I read somewhere that "toki wo tomare" isn't grammatically correct, but that's more a stylistic thing to convey that DIO is telling time itself to stop, as opposed to telling The World to stop time.

My Japanese is very rusty, and was never good in the first place, but my understanding is that "wo" refers to the object. "I drink Sprite" would be "watashi wa (wa being the particle for the subject) Sprite wo (object) nomimasu (drink)". "yo" is like an exclamation mark, and "tomare" is the imperative form.

So "toki wo tomare" doesn't make grammatical sense, but "toki yo tomare' would be "CLOCK! STOP!"

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

The Lord of Hats posted:

The true answer is that DIO doesn't actually speak Japanese. Of course he'd botch it.

Dio as a teenage weeaboo, 'learning' japanese from Anime fansubs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

hoobajoo posted:

Everyone, raise up your hands to give DavidPro your power.

\o/

• Locked thread