Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Is there a subbed version of the Stardust Crusader's OP? Reading along with the lyrics in the openings is a guilty pleasure of mine.

Nthing keep getting hyped. Not that it's been bad so far, but the rest of Part 3 is even better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That's awesome. Thanks!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Something about the show happening here right now.
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jojo-premium-animation

Possibly about a new OP from what I could glean from translate.

e: VVV I wouldn't take it as guaranteed at all, just what I heard from people talking about the event and what I could get from Google Translate.

e2: Show's over. Nothing notable happened visually. I don't know if anything important was said. I believe they may be showing the next episode to the theatre.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Jul 31, 2014

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Apparently the announcement was supposedly that there's going to be a 3 month break at some point.

e: Between cours 2 and 3 or something? I don't watch anime enough to know what that means.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Jul 31, 2014

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

setafd posted:

so there's no plans to do any more after this?

They said recently that Part 4 hasn't been green lit, but they're less than half way through Part 3 as it is so it's not exactly reasonable to expect them to be planning to make the next part of the show already.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

WickedHate posted:

Hell?

Araki probably just got uninventive there.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm, so forgive me if I'm being dumb, but this story predates that by a good 22 years.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He did have three stands messing around on the inside of his brain the previous episode, and one of them was actively chopping parts of it up.
I'm willing to give his stupidity a pass.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

dogsicle posted:

Still on the fence about how that laughter turned out. :wtc:

I rate it out of 10.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

All episodes of JoJo should end with Joseph saying "sunofabiiiiitch!".

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kurtofan posted:

I thought the constant "I, Dio" were pretty dumb.

I, Aurain, have never disagreed with someone more than I, Aurain, have right now.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

David knocking it out of the park again.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It looks like it's meant to be torn fabric to me.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I think you'll find that all of the planes that Joseph in crash because he exceeds the plane's fabulous limit.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The black smudge is my favourite JoJo.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This might have been my favourite of the 50 or so episodes to date, it was masterful on every part.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

No one should ever skip a JoJo intro.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The pacing in this episode is better than the manga chapter it's based on, in my opinion, but that pushed the best part of all into part 2 rather than it being in part 1. Is it next Friday yet?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Beef Waifu posted:

TCH TCH TCH

It's still not next Friday is it?
I'm so looking forward to this.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Pomp posted:

Very few fights from this point on in, for the rest of Jojo, will be a single episode.

And very few fights from this point on in, for the rest of Jojo, will be anything less than absolutely outstanding in every single way. :getin:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Star Platinum posted:

Part 1: 5 volumes
Part 2: 7 volumes
Part 3: 16 volumes
Part 4: 18 volumes
Part 5: 17 volumes
Part 6: 17 volumes
Part 7: 24 volumes
Part 8: 7 volumes and counting

Parts 3-6 are roughly the same length in terms of volumes but 4-7 feel like they have more content because the battles become a lot more imaginative. If they would animate everything in the same painstaking detail as in Part 3, they would probably be significantly longer.

Worth noting that the volume numbers are going to keep increasing per part now that the parts are usually double the amount of pages than before because it went monthly, and it's not necessarily an indicator that these parts are longer than the ones before. I don't know if it's true, but part 7 feels shorter than parts 4, 5 and 6 from memory.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm ridiculously ready for this weeks episode. It's going to be so drat good.

e:

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Aug 29, 2014

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I don't want to live in a world where non-consensual muscleman watersports isn't ""

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

As someone said earlier on, the days of the single episode JoJo fight are basically over now.

This is a good thing.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Polnareff's OH MY GOD :allears:

The filler was pretty neat, all considered.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The practical sexual applications of a person's stand are almost certainly limitless.

ORAORAORAORAORA

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I wish Kars was still around to buddy around with DIO. They'd be the most fabulous team of evil doers who actually never did a single thing wrong. :allears:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Can you imagine just how fabulous a DIO/Kars hybrid being would be?

Paging Pomp to dive through his archives and find something to that effect. I'm sure it exists, and as such Pomp has it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kurtofan posted:

I don't think it's that huge, it's mostly an anime and Japanese video game thing.

I dunno, there's a comic where The Incredible Hulk wears a costume that is basically the exact same as DIO's stand as an homage.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They went all out with this last episode. The art took a real bump up in quality, and the filler owned.

The DIO stuff especially. Stupid, sexy DIO.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Prison Warden posted:

Don't listen to anybody, Part 1 is worth it purely for DIO.

DIO makes life worth living.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There's probably no greater opening to anything ever made than Sono Chi No Sadame. (Jooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Jo)

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Are you guys referring to these things?

Because these are on Crunchyroll so they should be okay to talk about, right?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Part 3 wouldn't make much sense or have half of the impact in regards to its villain if you skip PB. And as Irony Be My Shield says, you miss out on a bunch of Dio being Dio. That's way worse than anything Dio ever did to anyone.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Beef Waifu posted:

Jotaro is good to all of the women in his life except Joseph Joestar.

Not these ones though.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I don't like things that remind me that James Avery passed away. :(

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

We finally got a bunch of great gifs only in time for them to be shelved until 2015.

Even the Manga is on hiatus, so you can't find solace in looking forward to a new chapter until next month too.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That DIO is too evil vampire and not enough evil fabulous as gently caress vampire for my tastes.

It's a subtle but fabulous difference.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Read the manga and watch the anime because the anime has skipped one or two scenes that add a little flavour, and the filler that the anime has added has been consistently entertaining.

While there's no way to experience JoJo badly, the best way to experience JoJo is to have as much JoJo as humanly possible.

And by having a Dakimakura of your favourite JoJo and JoJo villain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Just in-case you can't tell from that video, it does in fact say that JoJo is back on the 9th of Jan.

That's way too far away, but we've lasted this long without it, what's another couple of weeks?
Other than, y'know, torture.

• Locked thread