Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
It does matter for timing(which matters a lot in fighting games) since frames have to do with how inputs are used as well as what you see, but I will say that I personally usually can't see any difference between 30 and 60 fps. The only times I typically do are with large camera movements, and I know I'm not alone in this-I think a lotta people just aren't really able to see it, at least not well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
That's what I mean though, camera-turning is the only time I can see it. A lot of other times I've seen comparisons in animations like the Dark Souls 2 ones that were posted around a lot a bit back and I've not been able to see it in any of them.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Just introduced my little cousin to Jojo's, and I gotta say he got into it faster than I expected. We watched up to almost all the way through Battle Tendency, a bit past Caesar's death.

:shobon: They grow up so fast.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Quick question-does anyone know where I can find https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Poe62B0_7yU without the vocals? They totally ruin the song for me, it was far better as it actually was in the show.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Kakyoin is a weirdo in general, so I can accept him being strange about the canteen.

also I really like the OP

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
It's been too long since I actually read the manga, is there ever a dude who dresses up in a crazy outfit to pretend to be a stand while his actual stand looks like a regular guy

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Nessus posted:

That's a clever gimmick but I think only Stand-users can directly see Stands - to everyone else weird stuff just happens at random intervals. So it would probably falter when people were staring at the "Stand" and ignoring the "normal guy."
That sounds like a good way for it to be solved, honestly. Could start out somewhere isolated.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

The 3d models in the earlier OP look pretty weird at certain points.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Star Platinum posted:

My favorite part of this fight is Oingo getting freaked out by Joseph and Polnareff being loving weird

the most important thing about this episode is apparently this whole time jojo and friends have been doing loving stupid poo poo and probably burning the poo poo out of themselves with cigarettes

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
This episode leads me to think that it might be better if stands, in general, were not specifically combat-based, because it's usually quite cool when they aren't and they're used in creative ways for weird plans.

Kanos posted:

If Oingo had been willing to suck it up and get his rear end beat as a simple car thief he could have avoided the entire situation. As long as he didn't make it apparent that he was a Stand User it's unlikely that Joseph or Polnareff would have done anything more than kick the poo poo out of him. It would have sucked really hard for Oingo in the short term but they would have succeeded in killing Jotaro at least.
If Oingo hadn't been going to/capable of pretending to be Jotaro, the book wouldn't have made that prediction in the first place.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
They're following the same development arc of "not knowing how to draw a dog" as in the comic

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

RatHat posted:

Iggy is the worst. He adds nothing to the story and is just there for some gags. There I said it.
I agree with this, honestly.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
His stand is cool as hell when it's being sand, when it's just the awkward cardogmask thing standing around or hitting things it's not so cool

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Antagonist=/=enemy.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Waffleman_ posted:

In this thread post the most ins anely sexy stand users.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
What a good couple of episodes these last two were.

[x]

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
that should be the last thing that freaks out anyone who's been on the internet a while

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Which part 3 of what series are you watching because you're clearly not watching Jojo.
A lot of part 3 is pretty dull, to be honest. Like it starts out strong but then there's a lot of lovely boring fights and it sorta drags for a while.

It gets good again for the final stretch though, which we are just about in now.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I mean, instead of doing nothing or throwing it he also could have actually killed himself with it.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Yeah, but it's a plan that could easily go wrong considering that if Polareff didn't throw the knife, he wanted to the guy to live.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
that but unironically

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

CJ posted:

Well i found this one but it spoils the Dio fight and some character designs from Part 7 and 8 so don't watch it if you don't know what happens. Also the woman is very annoying but she seems to get a kick out of how gay it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2ARKcLbaDM
I usually hate these but this owns. like they're playing it up but at least they appreciate the camp, unlike the giant-bomb quicklook.

Also as for first reactions: this was my little cousin over skype right after caesar's death

He was really attached to both caesar and Jojo from Battle Tendency, wasn't happy when Jotaro came around in part 3.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Sam Faust posted:

Here lies Kakyoin. He never scored.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

BattleHamster posted:

I dunno man, The animation quality in the OVAs is much better than the David adaptation and if you watch the sub it gets rid of the cheese factor. Episodes 12 & 13 are pretty fun and don't stray from the Manga too much.
The animation quality in the OVAs is, if anything, usually worse, even ignoring the palette and designs.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

hoobajoo posted:

The animation quality doesn't mean poo poo without good art direction; the OVA is really smooth-moving dog poo poo.
It's not even very smooth a lot of the time. There are parts where it is, but there are also lots of sequences which just aren't really animated very well at all.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Dio's stand isn't a meme that had been relevant at all for many years and it was never that big outside of very anime-heavy communities anyways

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Lord Chumley posted:

Not his stand, no.
Or anything else about him either.

Nothing related to Dio has been a legit popular thing on the internet until the David adaptation started coming out. JJBA has been pretty niche for a long while, and it was never extremely well known in the west.

LazyMaybe fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Jun 9, 2015

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
"no research" is right

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Soulcleaver posted:

Saved for posterity:

same

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
You can't hurt a stand without a stand, though. There's nothing Kars can really do to hurt him as long as he keeps his stand out and punches, Dio'd eventually kill him through a volcano or some other asspull.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
his punchghost would punch you first though

and/or stop time

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
squeezing your own heart hard enough that it stops beating is pretty ballsy yeah

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
In the manga it seems like they're supposed to be jumping and punching off the ground, but a lot of the time it seems like it doesn't fully translate to animation with the amount of time spent in shots so they're just flying minus a couple bits where they punch

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I don't quite follow that line of logic because then they would have flown to egypt with their ghosts, and in every fight

they're flying either because the punchleap drawings translated to moving pictures weirdly or because they wanted to animate midair punchchases

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Lizard Wizard posted:

It's probably not an effortless thing to do, y'know.
neither is anything else they do, often in life or death situations

• Locked thread