Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Fat_Cow posted:

Alright, one more question, how censored was part 2? I've seen it before and only really noticed they censored Strohiem's salute, but is it really butchered?

It had a reasonable amount of censoring which was removed for the DVD/BR release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Zorak posted:

I'm still somewhat annoyed that no one has put any subs on the BD release of the first season. Unless I'm just missing it.

Unless I'm missing something, there's like three different versions of the BD release with subs up on NyaaTorrents.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Pomp posted:

If this soundtrack is only half as good as Part 2s, I'll be happy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3tkaVcYgPA

It's not quite the same without the Quad City DJ's slammin' and jammin' in the background.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The first OAV which covers the end of Stardust Crusaders is actually pretty okay, even if it doesn't really convey the look of the manga, it still manges to be pretty enjoyable. The second OAV, which covers the first part (:psyduck:), isn't that great and has noticeably worse animation.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

gently caress, that was amazing, also drat at the bump in animation quality, Parts 1 and 2 (and Neptuina :v:) must have made them a shitload of money.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Perigryn posted:

"Stand Proud" :clint:

More like :awesome:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Holy gently caress, Walk Like An Egyptian, anime of the century.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If anything runs on the rule of cool and gets away with it, it's Jojo's.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

pointlessone posted:

Counterpoint- A certain character is broken to a point that it feels more like a copy and paste out of MUGAN. Other than that, it is still one of the most fun CPS2 games capcom managed to put out.

It was actually a CPS-3 game, hence the ridiculous animation.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Pretty sure everyone in Jojo is a huge flaming something.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

All goons are Shinji.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Orgia Carnaval posted:

Let's run the world into the ground.

:ssh:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Shugojin posted:

Nah, just "lager soda", whatever the hell that is.

Maybe it's shandy? Dunno if you get that in the US but it's just a mixture of beer and lemonade, you can buy it in cans in the UK and the alcohol content is so low that it counts as a soft drink.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Once again we were spared the true horror of Jotaro smoking. (His cigs were wet anyway.)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

deadly_pudding posted:

I can tell the difference, but not enough to care. What do I win?

An Xbone.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Araki's hatred of dogs knows no bounds.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

He's fine with black people, as long as they're American, it's those drat foreigners he hates. (Must be his British ancestry).

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Kurtofan posted:

I'm curious, did Viz Media also translate Gunjin Shogin by Stratego? That bit was hilarious to me (I have no idea what Stratego is).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stratego

Only played it a couple of times, guess it's a bit like a mix of Chess and Risk.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Pomp posted:

This is the flimsiest "no gay stuff" excuse I've ever heard.

Well, you see, their balls... They, they don't touch...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah, the music in the TV series is way better. Also that Nazi dudes 'I love war' speech is basically the anime equivalent of the John Galt speech only somehow even more boring.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Long, boring speeches.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I think he'd do pretty well.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Which came first, Jojo or Cho Aniki?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Is it Friday, by any chance?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Presumably just the next season i.e. 12-13 weeks.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In that case people can just watch the first 90's OVA to finish off the story. :v:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Pomp posted:

Has Crunchyroll said anything about hosting the uncensored blu ray versions, or are we stuck forever with censored body horror as our only legal method of part 3 in english?

Pretty sure CR never swaps out the TV versions for bluray ones.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Today I was like 'I'm sure I look forwards to something after work on a Friday....oh.'

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

At least they haven't both got the Kenshiro tag any more.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Plus, Stands are dumb and boring, and the fights using them are too.

Wrongest opinion of the millennium.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It probably wont change but if it does it should be this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ8qPOk0Zvc

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

48 altogether so 24 left.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

HellCopter posted:

The show's as great as ever though! The pilot's head getting pulled into the canteen was really cool.

Yeah, I kind of expecting them to tone that down even with the usual censoring but they went all out.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

This is Jojo, you should know by now that any injury that doesn't result in the loss of a limb or (almost) instant death heals up in a couple of days.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

PiedPiper posted:

Just as I predicted, opening really grew on me. I wish it would've used less static images, though.

I love the image of them standing on some stairs and it looks straight out of Castlevania.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've only seen the 90's OAV which skips over everything except like four fights so these last two Stands have been all new to me, (apart from going 'Who are these guys?' while playing the Capcom game).

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've never actually seen the 'first half' OAV (which was actually made in the early 2000's after the 'second half' one) because I heard it was super poo poo and doesn't even have the decent animation that was the saving grace of the original OAV.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I love how as soon as the main danger has passed it's right back into pure slapstick.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh yeah, was this the first time Dio's Stand was actually named as The World?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's actually kind of amazing how much the 90's OAV completely hosed up the tone of Stardust Crusaders, until this second season started i thought that the Egypt arc would all serious poo poo the whole time.

Well, I guess the poo poo is serious.

• Locked thread