Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
So just got sent to an A/C seminar through work and bad news folks! Enjoy r134a while it lasts cause the industry is switching over to r1234yf really soon! What does this mean?! Well, if you have an old car that runs out of r134a, your hosed. The knew systems cannot legally be retrofitted to any old car. New cars will have closed systems and the only way to pressure test is with a scan tool. compressors are crazy complicated and will no longer have clutches and be running at all times. (This is already in production) Soon you will have to do oil changes on your A/C compressors. Shops will have to buy all new equipment. Oh and the knew stuff costs around $1300/10 pounds. And its flammable!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-PvUouMrH4
Source of ignition? Catalytic converter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Fucknag posted:

Oh no, a highly pressurized, flammable liquid? In the engine compartment, near hot metal? Say it ain't so!
:v:

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Had the most frustrating case the other day. 05 Mazda 626 come in with no cold air comming out however the compressor was kicking on and off. Drained the bitch, didnt get poo poo out of it, like a third of a pound and it would not at all hold a vacuum. Sold the dye service. Filled it up, was blowing cold, for a while and then I hear a hissing from the high side valve. Close and take the line off and poo poo starts blowing out everywhere from the valve. (sorry earth) Threw the line back on and drained what was left. Get a new valve stem. Still will not hold a vacuum. Switch to another machine. Would not hold vacuum. Throw more r134a in that bitch, suck it back out and now whe're holding vacuum!? The whole time I got the UV on her and see no leaks whatsoever. Finally customer is getting antsy and manager tells me to fill her up and pull it around. Now were blowing ice cubes and I pull it around. A clog in the system? lovely machine? What in the honest gently caress?

Preoptopus fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Jun 8, 2014

• Locked thread