Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Holy poo poo, you've even got associated matching videos. Old Army training videos are the poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The drier gets replaced any time the system is opened. It's a one-shot dessicant.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

revmoo posted:

Hah I used to think that it was important to go get refrigerant recovered, and then I realized that canned air and airbrush kits vent r134 directly to the atmosphere and nobody seems to care.

Canned air is r134, but not r134a. R 134a is F3-C-C-FH2 whereas canned air is F2H-C-C-F2H. One decomposes much faster in the upper atmosphere. I'll let you guess which.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
It's probably just the lovely off-brand stuff I buy from harbor freight or wherever (radio shack? Staples?), then. I agree about the bitterant, though. I accidentally closed the hood to the beetle on a can of duster once (heard a hissing after closing, freaked out about the tires or something until what I did kicked in) and the entire inside is contaminated. I always wear gloves and put things in bags I put in the frunk now because it makes everything bitter.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Stupid question, but I'm pretty sure the schrader valves on my 1998 Explorer (4.0 SOHC) are leaking. I don't see how they come out. Are they replaceable themselves (with a standard dryer/vacuum/recharge/etc) or do I have to buy the whole fittings?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I have 9 short cans of r134a. Anybody in Phoenix need a top up? Free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Has it been hotter/cooler recently? Pressure in the system (or parts of the system with multiple valves) different? Could it be corrosion on plugs causing a higher resistance, slowing startup? Wind recently that could knock things about? Pump/compressor finally taking a poo poo?

• Locked thread