Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

If the evaporator is good and iced up, you need to defrost it before the system will run properly, even after cleaning the filter. Set the system to off, fan to manual on, and go see a movie or something.

If there is an electrical problem causing the air handler fan to not run, (which is what I think you described,) that can also cause evaporator icing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Automotive vapor-compression refrigeration systems are pretty much the only system I won't touch. If I do it, I save a few bucks, maybe, depending on what I value my time at (probably not, anymore,) and I take a gamble on whether I really got the system vacuumed down properly, got everything installed properly on the first try, etc.

If my mechanic does the work, he makes a little money off me, and he gives me a one year warranty parts/labor,if when it fails in the middle of Florida summer.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

So I finally took Motronics advice from last year and replaced my condenser. Anyone know if this is still good to use? Just wondering if the replacement was necessary...

This needs to go over in the mechanical failures thread. That's amazing.

:stonklol:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

meatpimp posted:

...looks like these have GM blend door issues, too.

My '08 Corvette has (probable) blend door issues. It has dual zone AC, and the drivers side (of course it's the drivers side) blows noticeably warmer than the passenger's side. It's especially apparent if the car has been out in the sun, or is otherwise heat soaked. The driver side will take FOREVER to cool off, while the pax side gets cold almost immediately.

Taking the dash halfway apart to troubleshoot and fix the issue, though?

:effort:

• Locked thread