Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I am so ready for this. Mushishi is a serious contender for best anime of all time. :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Second season is just like the first season, perfect. :toot:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

mikeycp posted:

It's honestly been so long since I last watched it that I don't remember any other recurring characters/voices.
Pretty much the only other recurring character is the doctor who buys mushi artifacts off Ginko.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I was at a beach during a red tide once. It sucked. The wind coming off the ocean makes your throat itch.

Good episode, early on I thought it was too much like the one about sound-stealing mushi in winter, then it turned out it was completely different.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Apr 12, 2014

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
The ending of Watahiko was darkly hilarious. Definitely one of my favorite episodes.

I love the title of the episode. And I cringed like crazy at the first head-patting scene.

Xythar posted:

As an aside, which ep from either season do you guys think has had the bleakest ending so far? I'm thinking One-Night Bridge, but I could have forgotten one.
You might be forgetting Pillow Pathway. That's the one where dream mushi wipe out that guy's entire village, he cuts his pillow and loses the ability to dream, and then kills himself a few years later. I don't think anything else even comes close.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Apr 26, 2014

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
The world of Mushishi is such a deathtrap. Look at your reflection in the wrong lake? SOUL STOLEN.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Nate RFB posted:

Some of the background shots in this one were positively breathtaking.
Seriously. That first shot with the lake I had to pause to take it all in.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Suddenly, a slasher film breaks out.

Special episode next time? Wonder what that could mean.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I thought that was all the mushi in the tree going "oh god fire evacuate evacuate."

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
The moral of this episode: turtles are assholes.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Also there's no reason to assume the wife won't eventually ask Ginko about it and have a chance to break out if she chooses.

I thought it was one of the better time travel stories I've seen and not really a downer.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
That was a good ending. :unsmith:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Nate RFB posted:

Remember when we had episodes end with stuff like the victim waking up and falling in love with Ginko, and we all laughed since it was cute and funny. Haha, yeah. Good times.
This is what I love most about Mushishi, you never know how it's going to end.

Although this season does seem to lean more towards the tragic or at least melancholy endings than the first season did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Wow Ginko, that was not very responsible of you. :colbert:

• Locked thread