Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I'd never read or watched any of this before, but the two new episodes up on Crunchyroll have sold me. It's so low-key throughout, but I just can't look away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Holy poo poo how is this anime so good.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Structured a lot like the last one (essentially a character threatens those around them because of a flaw within themselves that they have to defeat/overcome) but this episode was creepier and more body-horror-ish. I really liked the sickly color cast that the house had.

StandardVC10 fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Apr 25, 2014

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

New episode up. Pretty dark. :stare:

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This show is such an interesting blend of naturalistic and surreal. I'm going to miss it.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Ginko is interesting because in a lot of these episodes the show isn't really about him. He explains what's going on, and he offers a solution, but it's the people affected by the mushi, and their problems and decisions, that really drive it.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Ever since Cushion of Thorns I'm really worried about Ginko's left eye. Is it still a creepy black hole?

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

I liked this episode's setting.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

A happier episode this week. :unsmith:

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Brutakas posted:

If you're referring to this latest episode, you may want to rewatch it. The mom wasn't dead, she was in a coma and woke up at the end.

That's exactly what he's saying. He *THOUGHT* the mom was going to turn up dead.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

In this episode of Mushishi, a young boy learns about the water cycle.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Nate RFB posted:

Remember when we had episodes end with stuff like the victim waking up and falling in love with Ginko, and we all laughed since it was cute and funny. Haha, yeah. Good times.

Was that before or after the horticulturalist serial killers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Wow, that was a really good episode, but, uh, I think we're past due for a happy one now. :smith:

• Locked thread