Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
I don't know why, but this show emotionally destroys me. About half of the episodes are cathartic nukes of pure goodsad. It just has such a relaxed tone of gentle sadness, full of well-meaning regular folk just struggling to get by. Despite the fantasy nature of the show, its got some of the most grounded characters in anime.

I cannot wait for the next season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

I'd also like to stress that the soundtrack for this show is absolutely incredible.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlbxNeOmjEE

quote:

The first adaptation of Mushi-Shi, produced by Artland, directed by Hiroshi Nagahama, with music by Hiroshi Nagahama
Minor typo in the OP - the music's by Toshio Masuda, not Hiroshi Nagahama.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

That is some restful anime right there. I'm a little sad that he didn't continue making his special brew for his exclusive clientele, but perhaps it's for the best.

• Locked thread