Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
The timeline of the series itself is rather vague, and possibly out of order. I remember something about the second episode taking place much later than the rest due to the state of technology required for manufacture of things like the syringe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

ViggyNash posted:

It's all there, the music, the atmosphere, the art, everything. If they've done so well on the first episode, I can't imagine that they will do much worse with the rest of the season.
It's like it never really stopped, it was just pulled out of time and has now re-entered. :allears:

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

gobbledygoat posted:

Yeah, they're not malevolent or benevolent... just trying to live.
Not being malevolent doesn't make them not dangerous, though.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

gobbledygoat posted:

Well yeh I think this episode is the perfect indication of that, they dont do poo poo until you gently caress with em, consciously or not.
In some cases, "gently caress with them" only requires that you lay eyes on them or be in the general vicinity.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
I think it's been a while since we saw a legitimately bad actor (in the sense of doing wrong, not skill) in the series. The conflict is usually much more man vs. nature/himself than man vs. man. Even with the king of the mountain two episodes ago the main issue overcoming himself.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

paragon1 posted:

So :stare: that was an episode. Any idea what the theme was?
The End! No moral.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

StandardVC10 posted:

In this episode of Mushishi, a young boy learns about the water cycle.
It all turns into tears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

cyberbug posted:

I got the impression that the boy 'left' despite Ginko's treatment plan, not because of it, and that in the end it turned out to be inevitable.
Yeah, earlier Ginko mentions that water-dwelling creatures like salamanders were more closely bound to the mushi and inevitably evaporated. The boy in the womb was basically a water-dweller when the mushi merged with him, and thus was fated to evaporate.

• Locked thread