Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Dan7el posted:

Now we know how Chaika was made. If the gardener puts the head of a girl on the body of a boy (that kid was a boy, right?), doesn't he end up with a boy? I knew something was fishy when he asked him if he was in good health and then invited him to spend the night.

Ginko did what he had to do. My worry was the lost knowledge. There had to be some really good research that was lost.

It was a girl. Just because she has short hair doesn't mean it's a boy. Mushishi doesn't have any effeminate bishounen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

This episode is based on a Japanese superstition:
If you whistle at night, you'll call snakes. Some sources say thieves used to communicate this way, others say the snakes generally stand for misfortune.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Brutakas posted:

I have a question. The man had yellow eyes and the woman had dark eyes. However, after the man's final time loop, in his wife's memories he has blue eyes and she had yellow eyes. Does that mean the past has changed or is it something else?

Good attention there. It probably just means that he finally got eaten and not sent back. Since she only got into the tunnel because he took her there knowingly, this might be the last iteration unless the man finds the tunnel mushi again.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Smoking Crow posted:

Why does that matter? She was going to die anyway, and since the guy broke out of the cycle, so can she. I believe that this will happen.

Ginko said that after a number of loops, the person becomes part of the mushi. Since only his wife experiences the loop, he is gone. What we see is an alternate version of the husband who isn't affected by the mushi, but not the same one.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Everything Burrito posted:

Yeah, seemed like the best way to break the cycle. Since somebody has to go in for Akane to come out, it was better for the old guy to take her place than some other kid who doesn't understand what's happening. Probably will be weird as hell for Akane since she won't remember anything + all the old folks remembering her as a childhood friend, but at least she will be welcome vs Mikage who was a total stranger at first.

If that's how she got out, the old man's now in limbo, never dying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

There Bias Two posted:

Did the mangaka fall into a spiraling depression at this point in the story or something? It's been week after week of depressing stories. I'm starting to really miss the lighter tone of season one.

The anime episodes don't have the same order as the manga.
You can see a episode list and corresponding chapters with short descriptions here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mushishi_episodes#Mushi-Shi_-Next_Passage-

• Locked thread