Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Well, at least no one got eaten by a shark this time. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
So uh did the Mushi provide him with oxygen down there, or magically keep him alive somehow?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Zorak posted:

I think the idea is that it put him in suspended animation. After all, it was lowering his body temperature abnormally, apparently it basically just shut him down for a bit.

ice does not work that way. you know this.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Yeah think I'm going to go with mushi magic on this one.

Also: Mushi magic is really fun to say out loud.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Looks like the dismemberment/eaten by animals train is gonna keep on chugging.

Also can you just imagine the smell in that house?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
It really can't be expressed enough how great the art in this episode was at giving everything a sickly, rotting feeling.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
So was he strangling the animals to death, or killing them with the fuki somehow, or what? I guess it was left vague and never shown to make the whole thing even creepier.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I think this may be the first time I've seen a doppelganger story be about overcoming depression.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Ginko knows when it's time to GTFO.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
So :stare: that was an episode. Any idea what the theme was? Something about not letting a natural cycle take place being destructive or something? Idk.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Oh, that's pretty good! It certainly fits.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Hmm... not sure what the theme of this episode was. Some kind of guilt?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Ginko reminds me a lot of the stories you hear about early scientists. Dudes who would get a spot on a Royal Navy ship or whatever and then draw and write down observations on whatever they could find.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Yaaaaay a happy ending :unsmith:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Turtles! :argh:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Because it is actually a man dooming his wife to being eaten because he can't handle losing her.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Smoking Crow posted:

Why does that matter? She was going to die anyway, and since the guy broke out of the cycle, so can she. I believe that this will happen.

Because it is him committing suicide? And hey, maybe his wife doesn't want to be trapped by the Groundhog Day monster? And since she's unconscious when he takes her through, she'll have no opportunity to turn away? Also, if she's capable of breaking the cycle in that moment, then she actually probably isn't in danger of dying, is she?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Nate RFB posted:

Yeah, the setting was neat. The dilemma fell a little flat for me though. It also seemed like there were a whole lot more dead air scenes than usual.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Still, at least we got one with a mostly nice ending. The past few episodes have been kinda :negative:

• Locked thread