Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
He also learned something new about that mushi at the end and was pretty excited about it :3: He's got something new to tell the archive lady.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

ToiletDuckie posted:

I think the theme was don't mess with Ginko or he'll burn your house down.

That was certainly what I took from it. :stare:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I thought he was fairly sympathetic although pretty dumb/oblivious. Actively trying to gently caress up his family with the snakes was petty, but I thought it was established fairly well that he was trying to earn his stepmother's praise or acceptance, but instead his efforts were pushed away so he was angry. He's the leftover kid from the dad's first marriage and now his dad is focused on new wife and new kids and the old kid is left out in the cold so his frustration and anger were understandable even if his actions weren't appropriate. I thought that was a really great bit of revealing a whole lot of backstory with just a tiny phrase "she'll never be my real mom" or whatever it was he said exactly.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Is the manga getting a new release? I was looking it up on Amazon to see how much it might cost to track down and saw that volume 1 had a kindle edition with a preorder option and a July release date. I couldn't find anything on Kodansha's website about it but they're listed as the publisher. It would be nice to not have to track down a bunch of out of print volumes but I hope it doesn't take forever to come out.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Although I do like the chill opening theme I like how these last two have started without it better. I hope they keep doing that since that means we get a little bit more content.

Sindai posted:

That was a good ending. :unsmith:

Yeah, seemed like the best way to break the cycle. Since somebody has to go in for Akane to come out, it was better for the old guy to take her place than some other kid who doesn't understand what's happening. Probably will be weird as hell for Akane since she won't remember anything + all the old folks remembering her as a childhood friend, but at least she will be welcome vs Mikage who was a total stranger at first.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Lurking Haro posted:

If that's how she got out, the old man's now in limbo, never dying.

True, but he's lived a full life and went more or less aware. It seemed like when the shadow world came in contact with the real world whoever was in it could see the real world so he could feasibly watch over his kids and future descendants that way, plus would have a lifetime of memories to keep him company. I'm not saying it's a great way to spend eternity but if he was approaching it like penance it may be what he feels he deserves. Also just to pull some speculation out of thin air, there's no guarantee that the mushi holding him is immortal; if it dies maybe he is freed and/or dies with it.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dan7el posted:

What surprised me the most this episode was that the girl didn't have to climb out of the well. She fell in, but when she came back to normal space-time, she was in her front yard. I figured she'd have to go out the way she came in. Totally blew my suspension of disbelief.

I didn't see this as an issue since when Ginko came back he just reappeared wherever he was standing in "well-space" so the house and everything seemed to be in the same place in both worlds. She returned to normal space next to the bonfire with Ginko because that's where they were both standing in well space. The well was definitely some sort of link between the two spaces but other than when Ginko forced it with the smoke, didn't seem to be a two-way door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah that was a pretty great way to wrap it up.

• Locked thread