Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I'm so excited for this. Mushishi is one of my favorite shows ever. I also dig it for being one of the most Japanese shows ever, but in the not-stupid way.

Between this and new Sailor Moon, it's going to be a good year for anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I just saw the last episode, and goddamn the coloring on this anime are gorgeous. The whole theme of rot and decay is so perfectly captured in the sickly greens and dark yellows. In fact, this whole series does great things with color.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

The new Mushishi episode was just ok. That's a bit worrying because it could mean a drop in quality's about to occur. :(

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Butt Frosted Cake posted:

I can dig it, the Mushishi have always struck me as less medicine men and more alchemists which is a big part of religious Taoism. Although I can't really recall any Confucian or Mohist foil to play off of which is, in my opinion, an essential part to any series of Taoist parables.

I always saw it more as a Buddhist thing since everyone's problems start when they are attached to something, be it a person or an idea.

Anyway, the new episode was good.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

ViggyNash posted:

Did they ever mention the mushi-repellent cigs before? I always thought Ginko smoked because he liked it, and because it was part of his "new age" look.

In the market episode, Ginko stocks up on a year's supply of cigarettes.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Finally got caught up, and I have to say: Goddamn this anime is so great. Lots of complex feels in this series

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I don't see why you guys think this is scary. I interpreted it as the man loving his wife so much that he's willing to give up something a lot of people want, being able to relive the past, just to experience new things with her. And at the end, he willingly sacrifices his own consciousness so that she might live. GODDAMN THE FEELS

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

paragon1 posted:

Because it is actually a man dooming his wife to being eaten because he can't handle losing her.

Why does that matter? She was going to die anyway, and since the guy broke out of the cycle, so can she. I believe that this will happen.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Lurking Haro posted:

Ginko said that after a number of loops, the person becomes part of the mushi. Since only his wife experiences the loop, he is gone. What we see is an alternate version of the husband who isn't affected by the mushi, but not the same one.

:confused: I don't see why this is a bad thing. The wife lives, and she is no worse for wear. Life will continue as it always did and she will experience everything as it will happen. If she is eaten, then so be it. We all gotta die sometime and being eaten by a living Groundhog Day is a pretty cool way to go.

You guys are such Debbie Downers sometimes, jeez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Relin posted:

Did the girl with the blackened foot and old woman from the second season special appear in an older episode? They seem familiar

Yeah, they're in the archive episode.

• Locked thread