Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=10384
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=10571

I am right if this looks to me like we will get 12 episodes in spring (Q2) and another 12 (?) in autumn (Q3)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Sindai posted:

Pretty much the only other recurring character is the doctor who buys mushi artifacts off Ginko.

I bet the writing/archivar lady will appear several times.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

I liked the role the mushi had in this episode. That's what makes the show great.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Ccs posted:

So I forget what the deal is with what normal people know about mushi. Ginko refers to himself as a Mushishi to villagers, so that must mean people know and respect mushishi. But at the same time most people can't see Mushi and when something happens to make them see them they think they're having hallucinations. Is it just that people have a general idea that there are Mushi around?

Do you know how people think chemicals are something only chemists work with? Chemicals are dangerous and exotic etc. And they don't even realize they're surrounded by that stuff, because everything is chemicals actually.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Mushishi is a pretty chill anime after all.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Great Rumbler posted:

I don't really have a problem with everything surrounding the mushi boiling down to "a wizard did it," since they're supposed to be supernatural creatures that only partially exist within the realm of human understanding and are portrayed as just trying to survive like other living things. The drama of the series comes from how people react to mushi encounters and the long-term effects of those encounters.

Fantasy, science fiction and horror are always at their best, when they are about humans, human society and human nature.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

The atmosphere in this episode was stunning. Dark, melancholic and still beautiful.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

What? He used his good hand!

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Cybershell posted:

:aaa: There are new episodes of Mushishi??? :haw:

There is also an OVA. It's good, check it out.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Traveller posted:

Oh Ginko, that was the perfect :| face.

Haha, yeah. Those poor parents.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

There isn't a cure for all Mushi though.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

He regularly goes to study in that big mushishi archive. And mushishi regularly meet each other and talk about their cases. They also can send fancy letters to each other to ask for help or advice.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Traveller posted:

On further reflection, I think I figured out the "human" theme of this episode.

Euthanasia.
You have someone living a wretched existence, prolonged in unnatural fashion by relatives that can't bear to let her go. We see Saho cry out for Mansaku to stop: she doesn't want to go on like this, and perhaps she never did, but she is powerless to stop the gardeners from giving her new bodies over and over again. Their sin isn't just murdering all those people, but forcing her to "live" not for her sake, but their own.

Yep, it's this. But it's taking the easy route by making the cost for it so high. Still agree anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Nah, it was drowned as in dying. The mushi brings you back from death.

• Locked thread