Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zackarotto
Dec 25, 2005

Ha! Ha! I'll now calculate your brain age.

GloomMouse posted:

Or: don't whine about having useful rain powers for awhile to a guy who lost an eye and his memories to a light/shadow ghost fish thing

Also he cannot settle in one place either, and his "there's no cure for a drifter" talk was probably a little personal. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zackarotto
Dec 25, 2005

Yeah, he was lashing out, hurt by guilt and having trouble accepting that he had caused so much damage with something so stupid. It was petulant and emotional, not a carefully considered malevolent act.

I also sympathize because I, like him, am completely stupid: I was once told not to whistle after I got my wisdom teeth pulled, and I caught myself doing it twice that week :shobon:

Zackarotto
Dec 25, 2005

The episode guide on Wikipedia says the Blu-Ray stuff is "The Thicket Path" parts 1 and 2. This is, in fact, The Ragged Road.

Counting those, it looks like they've so far only skipped c33 & c38 among the first 38 chapters (26 of the first season + first 12 of the second season). In their place we've gotten c39 and c42 early.

c33 is "At the Foot of Lightning", c38 is "The Hidden Channel". Season 1 was even more random than its airing order than this.

Zackarotto
Dec 25, 2005

I think it's great that the episode doesn't really tell you what the ultimate fate of the couple is. It's a good sign if a lot of discussion is provoked.

My take is that she'll go through a full cycle of life with an irksome feeling of deja vu in her head during very memorable moments like her own wedding, but not so obvious that she brings it up to Ginko (her husband had been looping for a while before he brought it up--maybe only a couple times, but for all we know, maybe hundreds). Late in her life, her husband will find the cave on his own and be attracted to it, and he'll be snared all over again, repeating the entire process shown in the episode from a blank slate. Terrifyingly, this is a "closed loop" with no new variables, so unless the mushi decides it's not hungry anymore after a hundred thousand years, this couple will go on getting bothered by deja vu forever.

Zackarotto
Dec 25, 2005

New episode. Remember how in the second episode, that girl sort of astrally projects to this primal mushi space, and she finds Ginko there? I think about that scene a lot. People often talk about the modern clothes he wears, but it's that scene that always made him seem particularly mysterious and formidable to me, more than what we know about his backstory to date could account for.

Anyway, I was reminded of that by the lore in this episode, about these channels that connect the minds of people. I have to wonder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zackarotto
Dec 25, 2005

Lurking Haro posted:

The anime episodes don't have the same order as the manga.
They're a little mixed up, but season 2 typically hasn't jumped too far from the original sequence. I think we've got three episodes left, covering chapters 47, 49, and 50.

• Locked thread