Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ToiletDuckie
Feb 18, 2006

Sindai posted:

Second season is just like the first season, perfect. :toot:

A lot of people say it's very slow, but something about it seems strangely tense to me. It's like distilled fear/lack of knowledge of the unknown. It's never scary, just tense. It's part of the charm to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToiletDuckie
Feb 18, 2006
For all of the danger involved, there's something reassuring and relaxing about most episodes. It's like "Oh, you're going to be devoured whole by an otherworldly spirit? Just drink some pure from a spring" or "Hey, your stomach is now a pit full of shadow demons and you're eternally hungry? No worries, just go lay out in the sun naked for an hour."

It's the casual approach towards what would otherwise be horrifying or inconceivable that makes Mushi-shi amazing to me.

ToiletDuckie
Feb 18, 2006

paragon1 posted:

So :stare: that was an episode. Any idea what the theme was?

I think the theme was don't mess with Ginko or he'll burn your house down.

• Locked thread