Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Greed is eternal
Jun 8, 2008
install windows

install cygwin

do everything you'd do in linux but replace the commands 'apt-get' or 'yum' or 'pacman' with a nice GUI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greed is eternal
Jun 8, 2008

keyvin posted:

Look at thos fuking UPS pilot clowns. Pilot? more like Long haul truckers of the sky.

last place I worked was a consultancy with profit sharing that enabled me to earn an ungodly amount of money. We took turns cleaning the office restroom and one guy had the messiest shits. Who cares if you are scrubbing the poo poo off a toilet or the poo poo bits off a server as long as you make enough to let you do what you want outside of work.

alienated_labor.txt

Greed is eternal
Jun 8, 2008
btw nerds, should I be using KDE or GNOME nowadays?

Greed is eternal
Jun 8, 2008

Soricidus posted:

i recommend you build your own desktop environment by picking a good window manager like fvwm2 or openbox and then adding things like a panel and applets to taste (xfce's panel is quite good). tie it all together with a simple ~/.xinitrc and you're set!

Are you from the past??!

Greed is eternal
Jun 8, 2008

quote:

MATE
lol how the gently caress is this real. GNOME 2 lmao