Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
Ur not supposed to ever install overlay packages. Everything should be done with flatpak or a toolbox. kids these days :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
I've spent almost my entire linux life using rpm/yum/dnf so it just makes sense to me. The few times I've had to use a deb system I have been thoroughly confused by the output and then super loving annoyed that it wants to immediately enable any installed service and might have even dropped me into some goofy ncurses configuration thing. Or at least that's how I remember it; god willing I ain't ever touching that poo poo again.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
gmail's filtering sucks rear end.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

Visions of Valerie posted:

This is not correct. Linux distros do not pay for signatures; signing review happens in public; Debian doesn't have particular difficulty with this process.

The $100 fee to have the shim signed is definitely a thing.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
librewolf doesn't seem to see my kerberos ticket. sad.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

hbag posted:

who said i wasnt willing

There are probably much smarter ways but I would just uninstall that openvpn3 package, do the upgrade, then reinstall it afterwards.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
Which old release of rhel are you using where the firewalld backend is still iptables?

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
Isn't the default boot option for the installer to check the media? I sort of remember always having to arrow up to avoid it.

edit: yeah that ^

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

this was also the era of windows shell replacements where people would customize things that put even the worst hollywood animations to shame

emerge and talisman desktop are the two that stand out in my memory

I used to make litestep themes :cripes:

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
still waiting for it to compile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
Let us know how bcachefs works out.