Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Cultural Imperial posted:

What the gently caress is going on

Looks like there's a thread elsewhere in D&D: Sino-Vietnamese tensions rising

Other than that IDK, it hasn't been in the news much yet.

edit: Actually, that thread is really bad. Don't read it.

StandardVC10 fucked around with this message at 06:04 on May 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Tubesock posted:

Some more longer term auto industry perspective.

http://dailykanban.com/2015/08/1-second-analysis-who-is-most-exposed-to-the-chinese-contagion/

I read that a lot of tech company stocks have taken a dive as a lot of their growth was predicated on the Chinese economy. I was surprised to see GM and Volkswagon are so dependent on China.

If this means fewer blinged out crossover SUVs then I'm all for it.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

BCR posted:

MAH EMERGING MARKETS

I feel like I need to buy a van just to spray this onto the side of it.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Fojar38 posted:

I've been too focused on the New Imperial China myth to pay attention to India as closely, what are India's major problems? I heard that they had good demographics and a better long-term political system.

Pollution, corruption, urban blight, highly uneven technological development. You know, the usual stuff.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Uncle Jam posted:

They stole that poo poo from Britain anyway.

There were kind of parallel development tracks on jets for a while, the Brits had their jet and the Germans had theirs. WWII German jets lasted like 10 hours tops because they couldn't get enough the more exotic alloys you need to make a durable jet engine.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

feedmegin posted:

Same with the Soviets since Rolls-Royce was dumb enough to sell them a few which the Soviets promptly reverse engineered.

To be fair, they needed the money.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Finally, Sri Lanka's time to shine!

Alternatively, Thailand after the crown prince takes power and conquers the rest of Indochina for making fun of his poodle's birthday celebration.

Welcome to Thailand

It has been [ 12 ] days since our last coup

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Why do we keep letting you back in again?

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

:golfclap:

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Fojar38 posted:

Tell me more about the technocratic capabilities of the Chinese Communist Party.

It's MIGF. You don't want to die on this hill.

e: that goes for the other guy too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Toplowtech posted:

Isn't that plane a variation on a clone of the Antonov An-24 anyway? " The MA60 has not applied for FAA(US) and EASA(Europe) type certification," what a surprise.

IIRC it's a An-24 clone but with Pratt and Whitney Canada engines and new avionics or something like that.

• Locked thread