Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Cultural Imperial posted:

I used to live in Vancouver which is arguably the most expensive place to live in North America.

Hahaha, what? I take it you have never lived in San Francisco or Manhattan.

Maybe you meant "the most expensive place to live in Canada"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Median house price/median income comparison does not take into account the fact that Canada's welfare system is superior to that of the USA. Heck, your schools are cheaper and your healthcare is free. This means people in Canada can save up much easier than people in the USA.

I know Vancouver is expensive, but it's definitely not the "2nd least affordable in the world."

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Cultural Imperial posted:

Another good post:

People have been predicting China's crash for well over a decade. Predictions like that are made by economic incumbents (USA and allies, i.e. the West) to sow doubt in people's minds about China's upcoming rockstar status. It's the way a veteran boxer looks at a young trainee, shakes his head and goes, "tsk tsk... he's training too hard." And then gets beaten a few years down the line by said trainee, who is now the champion.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Well, in the West, family becomes the center of a lot of people's lives. So even a button pusher in a Western factory can find a sense of purpose in raising a family. But China is also somewhat unique in the sense that if you don't own a house, no one will marry you. So you basically become a "dead end" as far as your lineage goes.

• Locked thread