Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Axe Master
Jun 1, 2008

Shred ya later!

Arglebargle III posted:

So would you say you are "not very familiar" with the Chinese tech industry or would "not at all familiar" be a better way to describe your level of knowledge?

Yeah, apologies for the anecdotal evidence however I imagine it is reflective of the current trend. One of the chemists at my university is on the verge of publishing a revolutionary process (which I will keep intentionally vague, I learned most of this from the bitter students in the lab), and the professor in question just returned from a lengthy trip to China to begin the process of starting a multi-billion dollar company there related to it. Part of this is to eschew the patent policy of the university (which is a whole other can of worms), but one would presume if the IP atmosphere in China is as dire as stated it wouldn't be in his best interest to build a startup there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread