Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Lol if you think they designate a specific street, it's just all over the loving place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Vladimir Putin posted:

I remember GWB sent legislation to allow Social Security to be invested in Wall Street. This was at the start of his second term and years before the financial crisis. Good thing that idea never came to fruition or all of that money for retirees would have disappeared.

Like anyone currently under 50 is ever going to see a loving cent of Social Security anyway.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Avshalom posted:

What is the country of China, if not the dream of a madman? Imagine some poor fevered person smiling as they conjure up misted spire mountains and turquoise glaciers and bleak dove-coloured desert and marcasite cities all packed into the same borders. I have dreams too. In my dreams I receive spiritual and sexual truths from the languishing ghost of Ariel Sharon. We explore grey ragged bushland and the limestone mazes of old Jerusalem. I've dreamt that I'm in Australia, I've dreamt that I'm in Israel, but never in my life have I dreamt that I'm in China. What would it be like to dream that you're in China? Which controversial dignitary would you gently caress? What sort of livestock would you raise amongst your gardened hillsides? I somehow never realised that oyster sauce contains real oysters and now I'm having to adjust to a diet without it and it's massively disrupting my lifestyle.

WTB an I/P thread where only Avshalom may post.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Yeah, the problem with tap & go in the US isn't "lack of innovation", it's that merchants haven't really been given any reason to go out of their way to accept it when it's not noticeably better than swipe & pin for them.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

:munch:

• Locked thread