Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
If they're going to go full stupid with train proposals they might as well suggest building an undersea tunnel in a straight line to LA or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Oh, so this is what environmentalists mean when they say everyone living an American lifestyle would destroy the planet.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Apologies in advance to anyone I kill for their food during the Great Famine of 2050.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
The word your looking for is "economy", the noun. Economic is an adjective.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I'm sorry I didn't realize I was offending whatever7's e-honor by pointing out a simple mistake to someone for whom English appears to be a second language. Good thing he or she has you guys here to stand up for him or her! :rolleyes:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
^^Wow that sounds like it could be pretty bad news.

Fall Sick and Die posted:

It was less a case of white knighting and more a case of you being retarded and using the wrong "you're" when you were defending the Queen's English

Hahaha I just noticed that. It's hardly "defending the Queen's English" to point out the difference between the adjective and noun form to someone, but whatever makes you feel good I guess. You seem to be under the impression that I was trying to poo poo on someone when I was just trying to be helpful. :shrug:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Not the first time Dole has crushed the dreams of foreigners in the pursuit of profits.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
You guys know he's a ridiculous gimmick right? You probably do, but I wanted to make sure.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Bloodnose posted:

I don't know that. What's the gimmick? It seems like he's just an excitable person with bad opinions.

Pretending he's a moderately wealthy/connected Democratic (as in the political party) policy adviser or political operative. Usually it consists of him posting lovely racist nationalist garbage opinions that a lot of the party elite actually hold dressed up in the think-tank speak those kinds of people will use when talking about policy. So poo poo like "We could totally pass Universal Healthcare and Minimum Guaranteed Income if we're willing to throw black people under the bus to get the racist vote."

So basically what you said. Filter for his posts in the USPol or chat threads and you'll get the gist of it.

(Please don't actually do that)

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

:stare:

Where is all that money going? Macau?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Canada's gonna have more visa requests and real estate deals than it can shake a stick at.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Arglebargle III posted:

Lol Canada just changed its investor visa laws because a review found that more than 50% of visa-holders were scamming the government.

How so? The stuff I found just said that the government didn't feel they were paying enough taxes or putting down roots in the country.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Like were people lying about their actual net worth or something?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Bro Dad posted:

That was just the Tianhe-1. The Tianhe-2 (the world's fastest supercomputer) is in Guangzhou.

It's definitely faster than the Tianhe-1 now.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Vladimir Putin posted:

What the gently caress are we witnessing here.

The Great Market Correction

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
A lot more likely than a Grouchio incited Tom Clancy-esque derail not being horrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
"Oh my god look at all the people they arrested! It must be even worse than we feared! Sell! Sell!"

• Locked thread