Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Huge_Midget posted:

If it was good enough for the :911: it's good enough for glorious :china:!

"We'll do what the Americans do, but bigger!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

icantfindaname posted:

Doesn't the federal/national CCP have very little control over many of the actions of the provincial and local party apparatus? I know Xi's trying to change that but that's how it worked for 40 years as far as I was aware. Most actual governing and administration is done at that level, and even if the national CCP is competent (:laffo:) the local organization out in the boonies isn't. That's a totally real and legitimate critique

Yeah the central government is a joke most of the time unless they decide to focus their attention on you in one of the periodic anti-corruption probes they do to try and make the regular people think they're accomplishing something. Then they come in and clean house and straight-up execute people.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Isn't most of that gdp growth in the us bullshit like financial products though?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

themrguy posted:

Yeah the whole trend of movies playing up impending Chinese dominance is definitely going to be thought of as a very "00's" thing in a decade or so, the way we associate fear over Japanese megacorps as an 80's thing.

Are there really a lot of movies doing that, though? It seems like msot of them just pander to the Chinese audience, which isn't really the same thing.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Potato Salad posted:

I like the western world's "The Last Guys hosed Up" model of passing blame better.

This is probably part of why we have term limits

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

My Imaginary GF posted:

The Chinese economy is precisely as large and as small as whatever does not hurt the feelings of the Chinese peoples and their 56 flavors of minorities.

Lol if you think anyone in the Chinese government gives a single poo poo about minorities beyond how to get rid of them

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Toplowtech posted:

"See if i switch those numbers from column A and column B and noone notice or call us on our lies, we are actually billionaires!" :suicide:

This is how high finance in America works, too. As usual, though, they forget to do their ground work while blindly copying the US. You need to own the government before you can get away with this silly Chinese bankers

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

feedmegin posted:

Not really? Lenovo in particular is a widely known brand of laptop in the West, and the other two make cheapo smartphones which are edging up in market share worldwide. They're not Apple-premium or anything but they're definitely a thing in the developed world.

Lenovo is the only one with name recognition and that's only because they bought a far more famous computer company

They recently also bought Motorola and it looks like quality and design are both going down the shitter there too

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

fishmech posted:

Lenovo didn't buy IBM, they bought a couple product lines to add to ones they already own, and their best selling lines don't come from IBM at all.

yeah ok fishmech

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Fojar38 posted:

The CCP is terrified of losing access to the US or EU's markets because at that point it's game over and they know it.

That's why I voted for Trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Wrong thread

• Locked thread