Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
If I ever made enough from music to buy modular I would do it, but since I'll never make money from my music Bazille, the MS20, and XA are plenty.

I have been toying with getting the Aira Scooper since the glitchy effect it does in addition to it being a fully fledged CV modulation device is kinda cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

https://www.retrokits.com/rk002/

That fixes the pitch issue as long as you play the notes on a keyboard.

And yeah, it's way better as a drum machine than a "sampler".

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Mario Incandenza posted:

If you use the USB audio interface, apparently it has the main stereo outs, plus 4x indepedent stereo pairs, with controllable routing via some menu diving (http://cdm.link/2016/09/rolands-new-303-909-might-even-better-originals/).

I kinda like them, ordered a TR-09 today from Bax, will probably pick up a TB-03 at some point too.

I was more excited about the tr-09 when I first heard about these, but the tb-03 looks amazing out of the bunch with all the added features.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

i cant figure out anything that makes it more appealing than the tt-303 other than the price which is certainly nicer, and i guess not needing the midi adapter cable

Built in effects (overdrive, delay/reverb) and audio over USB is a nice bonus as well. The tr-09 only has compression on the snare and bass.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
The new elektron thing looks like it would be way more useful for a guitarist/bassist than a synth geek.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Looks cool, but after all the issues with their stuff I'm not buying.

That and it doesn't record knob movement like even the Volcas are capable of.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Startyde posted:

Karp 2600 :retrogames:

This is probably it since korg booked an ARP booth right next to their main booth at the upcoming trade show.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Tayter Swift posted:

Korg has contracted mono

I was hoping they would contract 2600 :smith:

And aside from getting the 0-coast and swapping some effects pedals this year will be really light for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
yeah, those volca's are fake since they were speculated about for the november 1 release that turned into the monologue